LC's Designs -- A Knock Off the Ol' Block?

7/25/2008 10:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It looks like LC's fashion designing career could be as fake as "The Hills"!

Sources close to the Lauren Conrad line tell us LC's claim that she's involved in every step of the design process is overstated. We're told, "You never see her picking out fabrics, or in the cutting room, or even at the drawing board. She's not the designer, the only step she's involved in is the promotion."

We're also told the clothing line mainly is fashioned by Sherri Roozrak-Wood, a former designer for Tart. And surprise! LC's clothes look an awful lot like some of the old Tart designs.

Our spies were at Kress nightclub last week, and they tell us they overheard LC tell an aspiring designer that she wished she knew how to sketch. Cuts you up!

We talked to LC about the claims made, and she tells us, "These claims are ridiculous. Anyone who knows me knows how important designing is to me and how much time and devotion I put into my own line. I am and always have been the sole designer of the Lauren Conrad Collection."

Others are actually coming to the defense of LC, including the woman who was named as the "real" designer, Sherry Roozrak-Wood. She tells us, "I am not the designer of the Lauren Conrad Collection. All of our vendors and staff can verify that all designs and decisions are made by Lauren Conrad."

Lori Berger of CosmoGirl profiled Lauren and states, "I recently spent some time with Lauren Conrad at her factory in Sylmar, California, where she designs the Lauren Conrad Collection. I did this as part of cover story I was working on for the Sept. issue of CosmoGirl magazine. My goal was to show our readers another side of Lauren's 'real' life -- as a working designer -- one they don't get to see during the filming of "The Hills." During the approximately two hours I spent with her, I watched her do a 'final fit' on her resort collection which included everything from altering sleeves, hems and necklines to making changes and adjustments to the overall silhouettes of many of the pieces in the line. Additionally, I photographed Lauren during the entire process -- from trying on each piece -- to measuring, pinning, re-sketching and considering color palettes. My experience observing Lauren as a designer, outside of her daily role on "The Hills," is not only included in my cover profile on her, it introduces the story."

VOTE THE OLD WHITE GUY LOL

DAMN WHEN IS THAT "FAKE REALITY SHOW" GOING TO BE OVER WITH..IT IS A COMPLETE JOKE...WHO ALL AGREES..IS THERE 5 MINS OF FAME OVER YET..THEY ARE ALL JOKES AND FAKE TO...GUESS ALL TV ACTORS ARE!!!!

MarkScottMusic.com

Really? Does anyone care? And if people are buying clothes "designed" by a no-talent self-promoter, they deserve the crappy outfits they get. Honestly, I just want to claw my own eyes out and puncture my ear drums so I don't have to hear any more about these nobodies (Lauren, Heidi, etc.) who lucked into a show about their shallow, tragic lives. Please, TMZ, more news on actual celebrities, not these haggared drag-queen looking losers.

fs

Please, the girl think that black stretch capri leggings are all the rage--next she will be bringing back the stirrup pant!

Jodi

"12. That's Lindsay's pic you dill wads. While it's evident accuracy and credibility has never been a TMZ staple...this is just plain sloppy. You people are failures in the human race, but you already knew that :)"

anna

I LOVE HER AND IM GETTING TIRED OF ALL THE PRESS TRYING TO TEAR HER DOWN.SHE A POSTIVE ROLE MODEL FOR YOUNG KIDS.I HAVE A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD,RATHER HAVE HER LOOK UP TO LAUREN THAN SOME SLUT LIKE PARIS

dumbshit

THIS CHICK HAS A BROKEN HORSE FACE.. SHE SHOULD CHANGE HER NAME TO MR. ED...... MAN I HATE HOLLYWOOD

Just Cruzin Thru

I would rather my daughter look to Lauren as a roel model than Heidi. Besides, don't all fashion designers copy one another at some point?

Nia

21. N - I really hope you were just making a joke, because to say someone is a failure in the human race is really extreme for just putting up the wrong pic. Besides, how do YOU know it's not LC?!?! I agree it does look like Lindsay, but lighten up!!

I see you're point, but I say they're failures because the soul purpose of their site is to tear down people and try and exploit them the way TMZ wants you to see them. (which is almost always negative no?) Mind you, we clearly see the people who bring us this severly immature High School cattyism on TV and they themselves appear to be void of any kind of positive human qualities, extremely shallow and who let's face it, aren't the most attractive bunch of people themeselves to be writing the put downs they do. I guess I'm just kind of getting tired of their whole "aren't they losers?! type articles when these are people, who you have to admit have some real balls to point the proverbial finger at anyone. What ever happened to just reporting the gossip without all of the over the top negativity & snarkism? Here's a challenge...someone could make some good money in producing a celebrity site that's snark free, ya know, one where you don't feel you need a shower after reading.... it at least it be something new.

not a dumbass

It's one thing to be amused and, sometimes, irritated by the egos and antics of celebrities. But, for some people it is not light-hearted, but their pathetic, jealous, petty selves simply looking for someone to put down. I think my favorite in the story is the alleged "i wish i could sketch" comment, which is probably simple modesty. Would you rather someone have overheard "i'm the best artist in the world and my sketches rival those of valentino?" And, to say her stuff looks like everyone else's --- it's called what's "trendy" or what's "in style." Everyone has little dresses and capri pants right now. Should a designer be showing ballooning knickers that are fitted at the knee so that they're different?

wjc

When the hell is this girl going to just die? I hope America wakes up soon!

UrStoopid

I honestly don't see how Lauren's designs & Tarts designs are similar. They might have similar lines but Lauren's designs have more of a flirty feel to them.

DD

Looks like spiedi is at it again!!!! Lame-o couple. Why do they insist on making their career's off of putting others down?

spontaneash

What is wrong with you?! What the hell kind of person wishes death on someone they don't even know? You don't know Lauren Conrad! The only thing you know about her is what they show you on tv and on here, just like every other celebrity out there! How would you like it if someone you had never even met before said that about you or someone you cared about? GROW UP!

27. When the hell is this girl going to just die? I hope America wakes up soon!

Posted at 1:03PM on Jul 25th 2008 by wjc

Carlito

I despise this Generation Fake. No talent, trust fund brats with an over-developed sense of entitlement because their parents or grandparents have money. This twit is a perfect example of ignoring a higher education or honing a real skill, but touts herself as a designer. Nobody but tweens from the West Coast take this Marcia Brady knockoff seriously.

Stacey