The Hoegans "Greatful" for Their Sun

7/28/2008 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Hoegans celebreated jailbird Nick's birfday by bringing a hole bunch of things he couldn't injoy -- inclooding a bday cake that dint make it threw the Safeway bakery spellchecker.

mommy plus 2

#7 Tony...........two phunny! LOL!

whatthefrig

OFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

Ari - Before you call people morons, try looking up the correct spelling. It is G-R-A-T-E-F-U-L. Not G-R-E-A-T-F-U-L

Dictionary.com is your friend.

wow

30. HEY RETARDS. It IS correctly spelled. It is just bad cursive. You try wiriting with icing and see how it looks. MORONS.

Posted at 3:18PM on Jul 28th 2008 by Ari
***************************************
It is very clear that after the GR is NOT an A but an EA.
As for it being difficult to write in icing, it is a store bought cake, the decorators are professionals. Just not professional spellers obviously....

Far more interesting is the "New Life" they included on the cake. Those Hogans are so inspiring! I would've loved to have heard them all "brainstorming" about what to write on the cake...

anonymous

Oh my god #13 (big james)-it's called SARCASM! They were making fun ofthe Hogan's not being able to spell due to the mispelled word-'greatful'. u are an idiot. and so are the hogans

Posted at 2:05PM on Jul 28th 2008 by sarcasm

But the Hogan's DID NOT spell it someone in the bakery Dept. You are the idiot. OR IT COULD HAVE BEEN SPELLED LIKE THAT FOR HUMOR.

wow

________________________
Yeah, because nothing says humor more than spelling words incorrectly or using bad grammar. If it were funny, you'd be hilarious!!

MH

TMZ making fun of anyone's spelling is the real laugh here. The editor of this site must moonlight at Safeway.

john

Wow #26... TMZ staffers commenting on their own site? How masturbatory is that. I think I've posted three comments in the two years I've been reading the site. But "John" is such a distinct name, you must surely know that I'm always posting on "every post.over and over again." Just like your stories... sort of making it up as you go? I know you guys don't have a dictionary, but invest in a thesaurus (no it's not a type of dinosaur) so that you can find another word for "inbred."

hell with them all

I want to know who is the brain writter here with words misspelled. TMZ you will take anyone who can color. You all SUCK BIG ONES HERE. Your spelling grade if F

MH

Oh, and trust me, I get that the misspellings in this post were intentional. I'm referring to the daily TMZ fare where the writers misspell words out of their own ignorance. TMZ shouldn't be making fun of anybody's spelling given the many examples of horrible spellilng that they deliver up everyday. What a hoot.

lasmoocha

Actually, there are no SAFEWAY stores in or around Clearwater, Florida. It's a Publix cake.

anonymous

Posted at 4:14PM on Jul 28th 2008 by Hogans suck

If you had a sense of "humor" you would understand the comment you responded to with your smart ass.

gazoo

For the idjits who don't 'get' the joke, TMZ purposely mis-spelled the headline and text body. Goofus's correcting their mistake are funnier than the stupid Hogans to begin with.

Nine2five

That is the most gag-inducing fugly cake I have ever seen..looks like it was frosted with Close-Up and Aquafresh...bleeecchhh!!!

gazoo

Whenever I've purchased cakes at Safeway, Publix, or Costco (I think also Albertsons, but not sure), they have ME fill in the message portion, which means that the Hogan's or one of their lackeys likely did it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments