Cops Say Shia "Not At Fault" for Crash

7/29/2008 3:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just like that, Shia LaBeouf could be off the hook, at least as far as the accident part of his Sunday morning crash is concerned.

Detectives have determined that the other driver in Shia's bust-up Sunday morning ran a red light, and that person is responsible for the crash, not LaBeouf. "He was not at fault," says L.A. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Shia was arrested on misdemeanor DUI charges; his hand -- and his truck -- were badly busted in the crash.

Story developing ...

Sillysa

Surprise Surprise, some-else ran a red light. There needs to be more traffic control for this huge issue in CA. Way to many people run red lights!!!

Taytay

he wasnt breathalyzed at the scene folks...blood was drawn, and results aren't back yet. He may have been under the limit and the guy ran a damn red light!!! when YOU have a clear green arrow, do you stop and wait for the person coming at you to stop??? Because if you do, you are prolly too old to be driving. Shia had the right of way, he went and got creamed. We have to wait for the tests. How many of you come into my restaurant and have a bottle of wine and drive away? Or go have a couple of beers while watching the game, or have some cosmos after work?? For all the over medicated people in this country driving around, i'd rather someone who's had a couple guinesses. Or someone who's smoked some weed, that way, they'd be driving super slow. Don't be so hypocritical. your all talking about "what if he hit my grandma?" What is yo' grandmama doin on hollywood blvd on sat night? seriously...i remember 10 years ago when Leo was running around LA like a cat with its d**k out and everyone slammed him too. Now you all bow to him...it'll be the same with Shia..he just has IT. leave him alone, he's 22...i dont know any responsible 22 year olds, and don't want to.

JenOner

I 110% agree with Adam Weishaupt.
Let's get all the facts here first people..... nothing has come out yet saying what his blood alcohol level was. Or what the alchohol level of the other guys was. Get over yourselves.

DENISE

THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS SAD... SHIA, JUST LIKE MANY OTHER ACTORS AND ACTRESSES NEEDS TO GET HELP. THE GOOD THING, NO MATTER WHO WAS AT FAULT, IS THAT EVERY ONE WAS OK AND NO ONE WAS KILLED... ITS EASY TO HATE ON THOSE WHO ARE IN A BETTER FINANCIAL SITUATION THAN YOU BUT WHAT THE "HATERS" NEED TO KEEP IN MIND IS WHILE YOU HATIN HE'S STILL OUT THERE MAKIN MONEY BROKEN HAND AND ALL... OVER ALL I PRAY THAT THIS IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.

Joe

I know L.A. is a company town and all, but doesn't driving drunk slow down your reaction time?

Iskur

Hey morons read some real news, this is from CNN which is a far better news organization than tmz lol.

"It was immediately apparent to officers responding on the scene that LaBeouf was intoxicated and he was subsequently placed under arrest"

If it was "immediately apparent" then he couldn't have been barely .08 and not feeling anything.

Gina

Re: popo

"it was immediately apparent," Yeah let me see you roll your truck and not get out a little dazed. If he was drunk he was drunk. Alot of people who have been involved in accidents appear drunk or disorientated. I'm sure the facts will come out soon enough. Until then no one knows.

Sharona

Oh I forgot this is Hollywood where stars are allowed to drive around drunk.......shame on that other person for being such a bad driver.

liz

THIS IS SO SAD...WHAT A TALENT THIS KID HAS...& TO WASTE IT ALL OVER BOOZE? TERRIBLE! SOMEONE
SHOULD TAKE HIM IN HAND BEFORE HE DOES SOMETHING HE CANT TAKE BACK..

j

i heard that his passenger was a female costar from the new transformers movie.
any truth to that? he always seems to fall for his costars!!

Patrick

Well I'm sure if I were a hot young actor racking in millions at the box office and I went out drinking and driving and hit another vehicle and flipped my truck. it wouldn't be my fault either.

Spell Check.

I could have avoided this accident if I could have gotten my car to turn into a robot.

deja' vu all over again!

aww all the self-righteous hypocrits who rushed to judegement are again proven wrong! just goes to show that arresting someone before the investigation is complete is the wrong course of action and it only falsely portrays someone as a criminal when they are not one. maybe it's time to return to the gold old days in america where "innocent until proven guilty" was actually more than just words and the real guide for our actions.

JJ

GOOD !!! EVERYONES SO QUICK TO BLAME.......

JJ

ALL OF YOU SO CALLED INNOCENT PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE FULL OF IT " I NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE " YEA.. RIGHT... NONE OF YOU CAN FO ANY WRONG....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments