Bum Asks Costner

For 'Swing Vote' Royalties

7/30/2008 5:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kevin Costner tried to go incognito through the streets of NYC, but as soon as one papper said his name out loud, he was surrounded faster than Britney at a Taco Bell.

Costner was also hit up for cash by a homeless guy -- and was about as generous as critics were to "Waterworld."

the loser

What????

MrEKO

I have mixed feelings about the guys wanting handouts. At first I'm like- Ah, man- down on your luck?-heres a buck. But then after you walk 2 or 3 block and the 4th or 5th guy comes up to you asking for money it gets kink of overwhelming and irritating.

Congrats

I don't care what anyone says - he's a true movie star and one of the best looking ones in my opinion! Love you Kevin!

william richard bradford

i would LOVE to surround
UNFITNEY'S waterworld taco;

T

AHAHHAHAHHA That was funny #2 MrEKO!!!

rollo tomasi

not bad for a business grad from cal state fullerton.

he's had more misses than hits, but all is forgiven when you do a movie like field of dreams.

Stooge1970

Costner a Jew? Who knew?

BOEING 787

Say no to drugs.

heyyou

Well you what they say the more money you make then tighter tight wad you become,how Costner is making movies or people still want him in their movies is a giant mystery to me ,everything he's in bombs,don't get it,life is definitely a mystery to me.

Ken Fuxalot

I thought that he was extremely gracious by signing autographs and posing for pics with fans.

He handled the panhandler exactly as I would have, Don't give money to panhandlers. Most are nothing but BS artists that make their living with a sob story. A lot of them are drug addicts or alcoholics and your money will feed their habit. Heck, there was one guy who made so much pandhandling that he was able to afford taxifare to his favorite spot to panhandle people.

All he had to do was tell the panhandler that he didn't have any cash on him, but he'd be happy to sign an autograph. Then watch the look on this BS artist's face.

I get offended when these people think they don't have to work and the rest of us have to work while supporting them. If you want to help the homeless, donate money to your local shelter.

AMiSTONED?

I'd like to see it the other way around. Show me Kevin Costner (or maybe someone more famous) asking a bum on the street for a 10 because he's short a few for Starbucks. I think I'd rather give the other guy a 50 to pack his crack-pipe with.

MrEKO

I bum once told me he needed some money so he could eat. I said " I dont have any cash on me" (which i didn't) but, I do have a debit card" i was getting ready to get something to eat myself so i said,, "let me go across the street here and get you something at the burger king" He just walked off in a huff. Evidently he wasnt hungry enough for Burger King.

Wow...

I think it was smart of him not to give him cash. If he took out his wallet, that man could have stolen it! Who knew if he had a gun or not? As a girl, I always get a bit nervous when a man comes up very close to me and asks me for money. Thank God I have a purse so I can dig and not take my wallet out. Good for Kevin. Most of these big actors donate to charities anyway! There's a panhandler here in SOCAL that made $60,000 last year!!! So please, stop being so hateful to Mr. Costner!!!

Capt. Bone-a-Hoe

"The Bodyguard" needs a BODYGUARD! -

The fine upstanding "citizen" wanted to know if Kevin knew Whitney Houston's phone number to score some rocks.

Drew P. Drawers

Being a bum is a cottage-cheese industry... They only do it because stoopid people give them money without a thought. Kev did the right thing. Get thee to a homeless shelter and get a job!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments