Dupri

Parties With a Bullet

8/2/2008 6:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine DupriJermaine Dupri is speaking out about the shooting that took place at the party he hosted in Atlanta, saying, "I'm sad this incident happened because it interrupted a beautiful and loving party. I'm happy none of my people or friends got hurt. And the party continues."

Because why should a small thing like someone getting shot ruin a perfectly good weekend?

This isn't the first time Jermaine has been associated with a club brawl. Back in October 2007 his good friend and fellow rapper Da Brat was arrested for allegedly assaulting a waitress in a nightclub that Dupri owned.

Another incident in 1995 turned deadly when a close friend of Suge Knight was shot and killed following a party Dupri held in Atlanta.

billyboyhere

This is the reason I'm not voting for Obama. Most of what you all say doesnt make sense and is dangerous. Nothing personal, but my days of paying homage to black people because the government mandated it are over. You've been exposed and the rest of the Races are sickened by your propensity for violence and abuse to women. This man just proves it further. Obama is a Ludacris fan and we all know what he said the other day.

Boulder Ballz

iTS ALWAYS SOME ONE YOU CAN SAY WHAT THEY FEEL BEHIND A SCREEN WITH WORDS KNOWING DAMN WELL FACE TO FACE THEY DONT HAVE THE HEART TO SAY IT,
THE FIRST 2 COMMENTS WERE DEFINETLY FROM TWO WHITE BOYS WHO CANT FIGHT THERE WAY OUT OF A PAPER BAG...

steve

Can these celeberties simply have a small party at home with a nice cake !........

Bandolero

Sorry to say its all right there in black and white.

Amy Grindhouse

Scary shiznit, is no where safe? SMH

dozer

Last time I checked, it wasn't black folks responsible for on-campus shootings. Columbine anyone?

Twinker

And I thought my parties were wild.

pinhead

TMZ track down Rodney King you gotta get his take, or Rev Al or Jesse why are they so quiet these days? You cant hide the facts: highest segment of society in prisons and jails, unemployment, crime, entitlements programs which have run for four decades, highest rate of HIV. Come on! Get it together, the big savior is Obama or Opray lol, you cant touch her with a twenty foot pole behind all her security. Obama is as white as white can be, he aint no brother, he is what you call Hmm...? Uncle Tom , now uncle tom is uncle sambo.

Mr. Seaver

I noticed that the majority of white people are quick to bash their own that take part in crimes and don't make excuses. We hate Paris, Li-Lo, Heidi, etc. We are embarrassed by serial killers, rapists, and crazy cult members. It never even crosses my mind that if someone white does something wrong that I should just give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm white too. The hell with that, you do something wrong it's wrong and you pay the price. Blacks continue to make excuses, point it out as being someone else's fault, and usually never take responsibility. You want to break out the "everyone deserves a second chance" excuse. Whitey never gets that in your eyes, yet I'm supposed to forgive all of your crime.

Now look at the rap industry which was well represented at this party. The majority of their CD sales come from suburban white kids putting money in their pockets. Blacks rather have that rap "bootleg" style. I work with and know plenty that get cheap copies of rap CD's and movies on DVD recorded in a theatre rather than pay full price. You can't even support your own when it comes to that, but again I'm the racist.

Todd Lee

This Dupri guy is the goofiest looking sumbitch ive ever seen.

FlowerChild

I just want to say, first of all, I am not a racist. I'm just so tired of these kinds of stories where black entertainers are having some party or something and then the shooting starts. I know it's not just the black people, but that's what's always in the news. Sometimes, the same entertainers that are preaching to everyone about peace and nonviolence, are the same ones involved in this crap. I'm just sick of it. I like what #7 said....that was hilarious.

Just Me

#19, I could not have said it better myself! You pretty much have said what 99% of the white population would like to say!

Bird

It's so odd that whenever there is a story about black people on TMZ people start making all kinds of racist remarks about how ALL blacks are this way. And now even attributing the acts of misbehaving blacj celebs to Barack Obama with a straight face. Yet most of TMZ's posts are about white people and you don't get anything about how all white people are like Britney, Lindsey, Paris. I like this though. It reminds me when I go to work that no matter how civil my white coworkers are or how hard I work, the fact is most of them view me as a savage. Celebs of all races misbehave. Why black celebs represent the whole race to narrow minded white people is beyond me. I can assure you that I don't live like any celeb that you see on TMZ. For every ignorant, overaged party til they drop black celeb you read about there are 100 others who never turn up on TMZ because they are home with their families living like normal people.

john wayne gacy

people, let's avoid the
smoke & mirrors here;

it was JACKO
behind it all.

he's jealous of anyone
playing around with janet.

after all, before puberty, who do
you think he was fondling first ?

so he hired someone to go in there and pick
out the guy with the little boy's pee pee.

didn't the article say lil'
pee piddy was there ?

Mik

It looks like he would love to say "pull my finger"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments