Dupri

Parties With a Bullet

8/2/2008 6:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine DupriJermaine Dupri is speaking out about the shooting that took place at the party he hosted in Atlanta, saying, "I'm sad this incident happened because it interrupted a beautiful and loving party. I'm happy none of my people or friends got hurt. And the party continues."

Because why should a small thing like someone getting shot ruin a perfectly good weekend?

This isn't the first time Jermaine has been associated with a club brawl. Back in October 2007 his good friend and fellow rapper Da Brat was arrested for allegedly assaulting a waitress in a nightclub that Dupri owned.

Another incident in 1995 turned deadly when a close friend of Suge Knight was shot and killed following a party Dupri held in Atlanta.

Frank Olivo

#17, punkbitch....I guess you never heard of Idi Amin, the Rwandan genocide, Dafur genocide...or the multitudes of other black African leaders destroying their nations with civil war and genocide, as has been going of for hundreds...THOUSANDS of years on the dark continent! Are you going to blame that behavior on USA slavery? Your dumb ass ancestors SOLD their brothers to the white man.

Listen, the world is a horrible place with atrocities committed by people of all races (silly, there is really only one race). S get off your crying game, you never hear of white celebs getting together and having shootings taking place. This is not an unheard of incident in the black music industry...it is not suprising nor is it unheard of.

Joeseph D

What does he mean "his people?" Sounds to me like, if someone was white, he wouldn't have cared, but as long as his Black friends were ok, than it's cool.

matt

Racism is more alive now than ever before in the history of mankind. It is in every basic conversation....it's in every divorce...it's in every cartoon our children watch. "Dora speaking spanish????" I want my child learning english first....not spanish". Nice try mexicans. It's not going to work. It's in our neighborhoods, our churches, our friends, families, etc. This will never end. EVER! Until the THUGS (Yes I mean Thugs as in these black rappers who trash women, glorify material things for their own insecurities. When was the last time you have seen a while guy glorify any type of material thing? What is the point? It all comes down to insecurity. If they were secure with themselves, they would not have to show off cars, watches, hot tubs, game rooms, theaters....Tthey "rent" these things because it's all loans from the bank. They own nothing. There are thousands upon thousands of black americans who are doing very well for themselves and present their race in a respectable and honorable manner. So don't use race as an issue as not being able to find a job......move on and stop whining.

Patrick

Let's not blame the celebrities here. Let's put the TOTAL blame on the club owners who have as much business operating a club than a day care provider does performing heart surgery. One know as "Atlanta Live" and now known as "Atlanta Dead" the radio station stooge and his unhirable dumb-ass son are most the reason. I know these artists and they have too much too loose to be responsible for this crap. Total 100% blame goes to the radiuo station moron and his idiot son!

haha

eminem...white guy who raps...may have shot at people...lives the "black life". and may glorify shooting people and possessing material things....

TMZ IS RELEASE THERAPY FOR RACIST

Black people no need to get mad at all this b.s that whites are posting on this forum.There just releasing the hate they have for blacks in the safest way possilbe.They do not have the guts to say this bull in front of blacks--so they come on tmz and pray to see a black face.It just RELEASE THERAPY for whites,just read it and laugh,we know some don't like us they just hide it well.They have to let it out somewhere.

haha

Matt does not know the definiton of "racism". Ha ha ha? He thinks "racism" means "learning a second language" as he references "Dora speaking Spanish = Racism.". Ignorant A&&.

haha

hmmm....TMZ deleted my response as well.. Matt does not know the definition of racism.....Dora talks in English and Spanish...she is not racist....Ha Ha Ha...

beefcake

If i had anything to say #29 I would say it to your face. Then I would put your head in a vice.

TMZ IS RELEASE THERAPY FOR RACIST

beefcake

What was your early memory of being violent as a child?

To you enjoy putting people head's in vice?

Were you touch inapropriate as a child by your father?

How long have you been doing drugs?

I'm going to need more sessions with you--your mind is all f#@kup!!!!

Alan

Who is he????

SERIOUSLY?!

Another testimonial to the fact that no matter how much money you have, you can't buy class...........

Me, myself and I

I'm not a racist, but I've been a target of racist. Three years after Martin Luther King was killed, my 5 year son & I were at a city fair, when we each entered separate port-a-potties. I locked my door, but my son did not. I heard a commotion, and my son crying, so I quickly left the port-a-potty I was in.

Unbelievably, there was about 15 early teen, and preteen, black girls, encircling my son, and slapping him around. They were making fun of his little white pee-pee. I just pushed my way into the center of their circle; got my son out; and pushed and slapped away the ones who didn't want to let us go.

Please don't try to tell me that there are no black racist, because I know they exist. I don't assume a person is a certain way by the color of their skin because I know many black people that have the same ideals that I have.

Spell Check.

It's "Do you enjoy..", not "To you enjoy..."
It's "heads", not "head's".
It'e "were you touched", not "were you touch".
It's "inappropriately", not "inapropriate".

So who's the f#@kup?