Freeman Not Ready for His Close Up After Wreck

8/4/2008 2:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Mississppi Highway Patrol has identified Freeman's passenger as Demaris Meyer. Freeman was driving Meyer's 1997 Nissan Maxima eastbound on Highway 32 when he ran off the edge of the road, flipping the car. We're told both were wearing seat belts at the time.

And get this -- an editor for a local Mississippi newspaper tells the AP when one looky-loo whipped out a cell phone at the scene of Morgan Freeman's accident and tried to snap a pic of the actor, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies." Everyone's a journalist these days!

Cops say Freeman was coherent and talking to police and paramedics.

UPDATE: Freeman's rep confirms the actor broke his shoulder and arm, but expects him to make a "good" recovery.

MariaCR

That God protect Morgan Freeman, now and always.

We know the accident...

He seems a very nice person and like actor,I love his work.

The best;the best;the best to him! All the best. Said to him these e-mail is from Portugal. I am a fan,a big fan.He must be alive and well.

Please,God.

A old lady(60 years old) from Portugal.

Maria.C.reis

(ups,only today I saw the sad news)

All the best to him and his family.
From Portugal!

Shekinah

Praying God's divine healing for you and Demaris and that the angels are watching over you both. God bless you and your legacy!

Mik

"Why do thay call you red? Because i'm Irish!" Love that line,get well soon.

Dick Pudenda

MAY GOD KEEP MR. FREEMAN IN HIS CARE. GOOD MAN, GREAT ACTOR. A REAL MENSCH!

Mrs. Ventura

My prayers and well wishes are for Mr. Freeman.
I hope he feels better and goes home soon.......
And for all those stupid comments from people that are sooooo
stupid, KEEP IT TO YOUSELF!!!!!!!!

HOLY CROCODILE

waht is wrong with you people. You talk about Hogan's son who is going through a terrible ordeal but someone makes a snide remark about good ole Morgan and NWA1FA and CAPPUCCINO get all tore up. I can't believe I haven't seen the word KARMA 9 zillion times about this.Some people on here believe that crap. Obama will make sure you can say what you want to on here.

Jame Gumb

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. I hear you broke your arm and shoulder...I currently have a broken shoulder and it hurts like hell. Oxycodone (Percacet) works best, washed down with a cold Newcastle Brown Ale - Repeat as-needed!
I wish you a speedy recovery and continued success in the future!

Bradblowsgeorge

#14
I also know Mr. Freeman, and live near him. We were having torrential rains the day and night of this accident, and I suspect the roadway was covered in water and visability was zero........My prayers to both for a speedy recovery, and will see you at the Madidi, Mr. Freeman soon I hope.....

diesuldaddy

God speed to you and your family, Mr. Freeman, and I do emphasize Mr. Folks my age miss the scene steelers of past. Those who never said a word but made the whole scene worth watching. You are one of the best. God bless and we are praying for a speedy recovery.

Julie from Boston

I hope Morgan recovers quickly. Nice to see that even in such a stressful moment he was joking with people. What a great man. I've always completely respected and admired him. My favorite actor ever.

Willie A.

Mr. Freeman,
I wish you the very best in your recovery. You are a great man, and I admire your work.

Willie Aguilera

diana

God, I love this man! God Bless you, Mr. Freeman. Thank you for the wonderful movies you have made. Such a great actor! And that VOICE! *smile* I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon.

Dakoola

MISS DAISY WAS TREATED FOR MINOR INJURIES AT THE SCENE.

linda

he is a tough guy!
he will survive,has nothing to do with car, companion, rain,stupid photogs.
he is one of the last GREATEST!
speedy recovery, we need you.
one of many die hard supporters.

dan

It wasn't his car! He was driving Demaris Meyer's car! Besides, I think a lot of celebs drive low profile vehicles so they dont' get harassed by the paparazzi. Morgan is a great Actor and i hope he makes a full recovery. Now, if we can only figure out who this Demaris Meyer character that he was driving with is. hmmmn.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments