McCain -- Paris Is My Energizer Bunny

8/5/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCain's mouthpiece has responded to Paris Hilton's stinging retort -- but he's not attacking Hiltie!

In the unkindest cut of all, McCain's spokesperson Tucker Bounds tells TMZ that on the subject of energy, Paris is deeper than Barack. He says, "Sounds like Paris is taking the 'All of the Above' energy approach that John McCain has advocated -- both alternatives and drilling. Perhaps the reality is that Paris has a more substantive energy plan than Barack Obama."

Just hours ago, FunnyOrDie posted a video of Paris calling McCain "wrinkly" and pitching a hybrid energy policy.

Kahm

First of all, Paris should be flattered the McCain even knows who she is. And two, there wont be any debate cuz Obama is afraid to go before a town hall setting without his speech all written out before him. He can orate, but not debate!

mike2000

Just that crypt keeper image running over and over for the next few days will tank McCain's campain. Picked a fight with a wrong person.

MacArthur

Can the McCain people sink any lower? Is this presidential behavior? McCain is an absolute joke. Paris, that was very well done.

MTgirl

Paris was brilliant - but I'm sure her lines were written for her - she actually made a fan out of me - for about 5 minutes!

2654gh6fdh

with barack obama there gonna obomb us

OICUR2

Paris...Your Video Was Brilliant !

Eu

Hahaha. I won't vote for McCain, I don't think he is the best choice for America. America is a different country now from 1901 when McCain born. We need new ideas. No his homophobic ones, I am GAY, I think I should have the right to get married as anyone else. McCain is against that. I don't think I should be discriminated by laws. McCain Sucks. Only naive people will vote for him. I will see how many NAIVE people we have in America.

Hydrandrae

When the Republicans create negative ads such as the recent one with Paris Hilton and putting down Obama, it just makes me want to vote for Obama. I often vote Republican. But when Obama first spoke in public, I listened. He is a BRIGHT man who is well educated. If he does not have the experience in a certain area, je will catch on fast. We have not had a birght man in office since Bill Clintion. It is refreshing and important when the leader of our country is bright and intelligent. It doesn't take a genius to understand that when people put you down it is to raise themselves up..But it doesn't work. If this is how John Mc Cain will attempt to gain our vote, and this is how he thinks on his feet...well I question his ability to run this country. The bottom line is Barock Obama is an intelligent man who can think on his feet. And isn't that what we need for this country and this world? I say yes.

Catsy2

Hilton didn't write that video, and it looks so staged and phony -- just like Hilton, herself.

prezforthepeople

Good job on the ad Paris! It's sad that McCain has to resort to attacking Obama because he's popular and people connect with him, like that is a flaw. It points out that the only people in McCains court are the greedy rich, the mega-corporations and bigots.

Sorry Paris but McCain's proposal of off-shore drilling won't help us little guys. It will be many years before that oil gets to us. It's just another give away to Big Oil so they can increase their profits. ExxonMobile profits were up 17% last quarter.

Demand is what drives oil prices, and unless we SERIOUSLY seek alternatives both are only going to go up.

It's been 35 years since the first oil crisis and American ingenuity hasn't found a solution yet? What's standing in our way? Oil lobbyist that dictate our national policy of putting puppet dictators in charge of oil rich third world countries that eventually turn against us or their people overthrow the dictator and replace him with an anti-American extremist. Then we have an entire nation against us that we vilify and make up stories of WMD's until we final bomb them and try to install another puppet regime.

We Need to make a Change!

LILY LANGTREE

I THOUGHT SHE WAS DARLING, I'D VOTE FOR THE OLD DUD, WITH THE WRINKELS. I ALSO THOUGHT HER SOLUTION TO OUR OIL PROBLEM WAS BRILLIANT, SOMEONE IN CHARGE SHOULD LISTEN TO HER. IT DID SEEM LIKE IT WAS ALL IN FUN. SOME OF THE COMMENTS ABOVE ARE WAY OUT OF LINE. REMEMBER THE OLE SAYING, IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?

louised

I bet the family of Paris are happy, out of all her "little films" - this one shows that she has alittle sense.

sam

I have a new found respect for Paris......and realllllyyyy wish McCain would get that lump on his face removed!!!!!!!

Larry W

McCain made a serious point by poking fun at the notion that your celebrity status is not a qualification for president. Nothing wrong with it. Obama used Hilton in a speech on the Senate floor that giving repealing the estate tax essentially mean Paris Hilton gets more money. Frankly McCain's point was far more appropriate than this, as many people are subject to estate tax, not just the Hiltons.

Hilton was USED by McCain because she symbolizes that being a celebrity doesn't equate to much upstairs (point: I don't think Paris is as much an airhead as she makes herself out to be; I personally think its all an act, and more so a product of her pampered life style). But don't feel bad for Paris, this is the kind of publicity is what keeps dollars flowing - so McCain did her a favor.

Bottom line, is that the ad was a VERY successful add (we are still talking about it). By using humor, to illustrate a point about experience, and implying that Obamamania is a fad not worthy of the presidency, is a great way to loosen up the electorate. Look for more serious adds to follow.

McCain's strategy is like a boxer, these are just Jabs. What we are also seeing is that Obama and his handlers cannot take a punch, not even a jab. The key is to roll with the punches, Making this add an issue, accusing it of being racist, magnifies the add, and gives McCain free media time.

If htis keeps up, McCain will not only win this thing, he will win by a lot!!

maxjam1234

How can you take McCain seriously when he can only come up with Hilton and Spears to compare Obama with!!...we need to get back to whats realy important to America like gas prices,insurance,jobless people,atc!!! Who cares about how popular Obama is.Are you wanting some of the spot light McCain?..well talk about the things we need to better this country and stop the child play..pleeeeeease!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments