Charo Cuchi-Cuchis Like a Teenager

8/6/2008 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Looking like a geriatric Hannah Montana, international sensation of sorts Charo waited to board a flight at Miami International on Wednesday. It'll cost $15 to check your cuchi.

Interestingly, the 67-year-old looks about the same age as Miley Cyrus.

Martha

For her age she looks fantastic. Ole Charo!!!!

renee

i like her...she looks great too!

Black Power

I still love this woman. As a young fella, she always tickled me with her accent and cuchi-cuchi. I do believe I even touched myself to her image way back then. Even at the age she is now, she still looks great.

Clint of the mountain

THE TRUTH IS WITHIN ME BITCHES

She's a lil annoying but at the same time funny!!!

dreamer

She's funny, and talented. She can play classical guitar and is exceptionally good at it. She is a bright little light.

Kelli

My Dad used to tease my mom constantly when I was growing up asking her cuchi-cuchi for him.

Jennifer Bouldack

I never understood the attraction to her as I was growing up. I never
thought she was that pretty, you couldn't understand a word she said
and when you could, it wasn't funny or interesting. I never saw any
talent to speak of. One day a couple of years ago I was flipping
through channels and happened upon public television. It was a
serious Charo sitting on a stool with a soft spotlight and a
12-string guitar and her music brought tears to my eyes. She played
so beautifully and her talent was amazing - it just took my breath
away. Why on earth did she waste all that time hooky-coochying when
she could have shown us that side of her? Perhaps that's what she had
to do to be noticed. However, I think her talent was, and is, amazing
enough to have gotten her to the spotlight without shaking her hips.
She is an amazing talent.

Spongebob

That old ass woman does not look the same as Miley Cyrus. Or anyone else named Miley for that matter. TMZ you're reaching and maybe going a little overboard with that.

I suppose you are referring to her travel gear. Well, what the hell else are you suppose to wear on a long uncomfortable flight. I always laugh when I see those barbies all dolled up in the airport in heels and tight jeans. It's ridiulous!

Bitchnwhat?

SHE HAS ALWAY BEEN A TALENTED SINGER AND GUITARIST ''JOAN SHORT'' YOU NEED NO INQUIRE BEFORE YOU JUDGE.

Kathryn

JOAN SHORT. I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly! She is a truly talented flamenco musician and she's funny too. I really get a kick out of her. When you see and hear her play her music, it it truly mindblowing. It is too bad that she had to use the cuchhi cucchi, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. Love Charro!!!

butweiner

She is very talented and looks fantastic for a woman at any age!!

Black Power

To Joan Short: She was well known for her guitar playing and singing forty years ago. She just came up with something that would get her noticed beyond the music industry, and it worked. She has made a fine living with her silly side, and has cuchi-cuchied all the way to the bank. I love her guitar playing, but I also love her silly side too.

Clint of the mountain

Mama Says

Charo is great! Not only does she really play the guitar, she has the best attribute of all - she could (and did) always laugh at herself. So refreshing from the current crop of self-absorbed twits on the scene today.

Kay

Charo has more talent in her little finger than Miley has in her whole body. Since when did getting older become a crime?

echoecho

I have been in awe of her classical guitar skills ever since I saw her play about 35yrs ago when she performed with Andre Segovia. As one of his students, she found a way to be a comedian and be accepted into the classical community.
I recently saw her perform again and was fascinated to find she was still freaking incredible. Her show was done in two parts - the comedic portion was 1st and the classical performance was done after intermission. We spoke w/ the guys running her sound board and they insisted that she was not only really down to earth but a really smart business woman. They also said she's always "ON" and in character.
I gotta tell you, she might not look like much but her talent is real!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments