Schlemiel, Schlimazel

8/8/2008 12:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 61-year-old resurfaced at a charity benefit in L.A., looking perfect.
David Lander
Landers was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1984, but didn't go public with it until 1999.

David is a talent scout for the Seattle Mariners.

Norwalkgirl

Looking good!

savvydude

He's a comic master and a survivor. Go get 'em, David.

auramac

Considering how Richard Pryor and Annette Funicello have suffered from this disease, he looks great! Good for him!

rubyslypperz

Is that his daughter behind him to the left? I could swear she was one of the contestants on MTV's "Legally Blonde" show...........

Cynic

He used to severely creep me out on L & S, but he looks like a normal, decent guy.....plus, he's a scout for the Seattle Mariners? Way cool! Baseball fans are the best, and it sounds like he's doing something he really loves. Good for you, David/Squiggy!

Dixie

He is still just as cute as can be. Looks like he's the one kicking MS's ass!

The Greek Canadian

I usually only write some sarcastic comment but I must say, I reallllllllllllllly always liked this guy. He was the funniest thing on L & S (only funny thing too). Kicking the crap out of MS also. Good luck, Mr. Squigman.

meredetrois

He looks great! Loved him on L&S.

northern gypsy

sending positive vibes over your way landers...keep strong...don't let m.s. beat you down...

ShameAboutRaisins

He looks fantastic!!!! Always loved him on Laverne and Shirley, and my kids love his voice work as the penguin on "Oswald". Keep kickin' ass, David!!!

tracey

He looks like such a gentle man..

slowpokemary

Not only is he a terrific scout, he's also (or at least was a couple of years ago) a part owner. I had the privilege of meeting and talking to him at length one day when he was at the radio station where I work. The front desk was empty and he came to my office to see where he was supposed to go. He was a gracious, intelligent, lovely man.

The Lenny & Squiggy characters were ones they developed in college to amuse their friends. He is so NOT creepy! And he really does look great!

eyeball

He also does voices for cartoon. God bless him and Lenny they made the 70's bearable!!!!

Cynic

I meant no offense - the '70's were a LONG time ago! I just think he seems like a very sweet, very cool guy, and it would be a privilege to meet him. Such a talented person (especially for making The Squig such a complete geek), but also a very courageous person - kudos, dude, and much admiration for your battle with MS. You, my man, are a true hero!

Kate

Rubyslypperz: I just did a little research, and yeah, I think that's Natalie from "Legally Blonde" on MTV-- her last name just so happens to be Lander, too! Good catch!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments