"Sober Living" -- A Living Hell

8/8/2008 10:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hollywood residents have been contacting TMZ, bitterly complaining that the VH1 reality show "Sober Living" is turning their lives upside down ... and it's a house that's a stone's throw from Brad and Angie's pad.

The show, which features Z-listers including Shifty Shellshock, Mary Carey and (drum roll) Rodney King, captures on camera the lives of substance abusers struggling to stay sober in the same house.

We went out to the neighborhood today and got an earful. For starters, people who deny themselves drugs and/or alcohol tend to scream like muthas, day and night. Neighbors are constantly complaining about the trash from the house (they're also complaining about the garbage).

People in the house are concerned about blowing a .08 or higher. Neighbors are more concerned about blowing a fuse, because lights from the production are blowing circuits left and right.

All and all, reality sucks in parts of H-wood.

Berta

First But who cares?

buffbodz

Love it. They hate em when they're high and hat em when they try to get straight. You can't win, so just stay home and high.

Team Kim

Anyone really care about any of these losers?????

Melissa

is this 'show' even on TV?

Dick Weed

Can't we all just get along?

Lana Caine

Memememe

I think the whole thing is hilarious in every way.

McDoodie

So what? They'll be done shooting soon.

Memememe

Boo hoo to the neighborhood. The more you put up with this crap, the more it shows up on TV. Do something!

Sweeney'sMom

Geez people. Substance abuse is hard to overcome. At least give them some credit for TRYING!!!! Who are we to call them losers? Shifty and Mary Carey were on that Dr. Drew Celeb. Rehab and have obviously relapsed, which is very very common for users. I just wish them all luck on getting better.

Stop spreading hate.

Amanda

Sugar Momma - No, not yet. It's still filming.
Lana Caine - This story is about the neighbors who live around the house that filming is taking place in being upset, not the people on the show. But by the content your post it's obvious that you're an ignorant tool, so maybe you never grasped the concept of gathering information. It's called reading; top to bottom, left to right. String words together to make sentences.

Sammie

6. Wa, wa, wa . . . a bunch of "never-were" losers, desperate for attention, who can't keep it together. Go cry at an AA meeting where the folks love to drone on and on about themselves.
Posted at 12:07PM on Aug 8th 2008 by Lana Caine

HOW COMPLETELY INSENSITIVE OF YOU TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE ARTICLE, BUT TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT PEOPLE THAT GO TO AA IS JUST PISSY. GROW UP!

Stooge1970

We need these "stars" to stay loaded. Otherwise, there would be no need for gossip columns if they were all Hannah Montanas. So give me their address and I'll send 'em all some good dope, free of charge.

samauri

Good Lord,let these people handle their problems. But, if they are affecting the neighbors quality of life, get them out!

denise nichols

ahhhhh say "stooge1970',sure do wish I knew where to find ya man!I do not support doing drugs in any way but see I'm doing a paper for college and......
Seriously,I don't blame the folks living around that house for being cranky.I remember my re hab.It wasn't one of those sweet places where you actually detox down with other med.s in lovely suroundings with security handy.I jumped out a window when I just couldn't stand another min.I almost lost my arm over that.Nerves are on fire,brain is on meltdown.I heard someone screaming and it was me.
Never quit trying,never give up.I'm 59 and have been clean of alcohol since 2001 and drugs for 16 months.The "war on drugs"
is bull.It all lays with early education and rehab.