Edwards In An Affair To Remember

8/9/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Presidential candidate John Edwards spoke about his crazy affair with ABC's "Nightline" last night, and his robotic and well prepared answers would make Bill Clinton blush.

Edwards flat out denies he had a baby with his former mistress Rielle Hunter, although he has yet to participate in a DNA test. He also claims his lord and wife have since forgiven him.

Hopefully that will still be the case after he undergoes a paternity test. Paging Maury Povich!

eloc

Man skank.

steve

how ironic that I had to watch a Trojan commercial prior to watching the clip of Edwards' affair and possible baby

j

slut

Jan

If what Elizabeth posted is true then WHY WAS JOHN IN LA IN JULY 2008 MEETING THIS WOMAN AND BABY?? After his first son died, he made Elisabeth have 2 more children as he demanded a SON and it took 2 more attempts. She was too old to be giving birth. He has always cared about what JOHN WANTS. He does not deserve her support now and did not deserve it in 2006. The lady is ill and does not know how much longer she will be on this earth. I feel sorry for his 3 living children by Elizabeth and the new baby. Their father is just a sperm donor.

mary

What a louse! What a lying hippocrit ! His poor wife is possibly dying from cancer and he is cheating on her the whole time and putting on a show what a "good family man" he is ! What a liar!!!!!! I heard on the news tonight that his "girlfriend" is hanging around still waiting for his wife to pass away and then she plans on marrying him. Two peas in a pod - that is what they are ! Two pieces of human garbage. I never cared for him and most certainly would not have voted for him for anything - even dogcatcher, but I did not imagine he was capable of this. I cant imagine his wife or his children ever having any kind of respect for him. I dont thin the public does anymore - if they ever did to begin with. What goes around comes around Edwards - you will get yours good!

sunny

Obama reminds me of Edwards...very arrogant! Just wait and see Obama will be caught soon screwing a staff member. He doesn't strike me as an honest person. I'd rather have an old guy as our President who is thinking about our country and not sleezy women! Obama is just power hungry...It's all over his face. At least McCain has had moments in the lime light and he's a lot more experienced. I wasn't crazy about McCain, but after seeing how arrogant and power hungry Obama is...I can just see a big affair coming out like this one.

sunny

OKAY PEOPLE, WHY NOT LET HIM AND HIS PEOPLE KNOW HOW YOU REALLY FEEL? BELOW IS HIS WEBSITE AND CONTACT INFO TO SEND A MESSAGE! LET'S FILL UP HIS BOX WITH WHAT WE'RE FEELING HERE, DISGUST!! THERE IS ALSO A PHONE # YOU CAN CALL.

Democrats are evil

There are only two types of people that can listen to this dirt bag and truly believe that he is being an honest person. An idiot and the cool-aid drinking Democrat. Oops, what am I saying. Those two are one in the same. This guy not only has a chair reserved for him in Hell but he has a full sized recliner as well. I'm sure he makes the democratic party proud. He represents them and their non judgmental values well.

Pam

In 2006 he was narcissistic? Those were his words. What about in 2008 running for the nominee of the Democratic Party? Who do you think you are? You are an idiot, an embacile, and a complete narcissistic pig. Want to bet no one on the planet is impressed with you now. No one. Word to Elizabeth Edwards, who said to someone that her recurrence of her cancer somehow helped in working through this with John. Why? Did it make him pity you, and that made you feel better about it all. Are you nuts? Cancer Schmancer, lose him, get rid of him. How could you support a man like that. It's wrong.
Your standing by him is not healthy at all, not for you, and absolutely not healthy for your children who learn from their parents. Would you want your Daughter to stay with a jerk like that? Oh, and lastly, I feel like getting an atty to represent me, a disabled woman who contributed $30.00 to John Edwards' campaign. Money I didn't have to give. You are a FRAUD MR. JOHN EDWARDS. You have shamed your Parents, your Wife, your Children, and our Country. Damn you.

Kelly

Ok, to begin with, how dare he call The National Enquirer "tabloid trash" when in fact they GOT IT RIGHT!!! HELLO???!!! In fact, the National Enquirer got it right about Amber Frey & Scott Peterson. They broke the story that there was a mistress involved.....Edwards kept saying...you can't believe that "tabloid Trash." They tell lies!!! HELLO????!!! He's the one telling lies and to think he was running for President of our Country! WOW!
I need to move to a far away island!!! Kids look up to these kind of people....Presidents, teachers, law enforcement. No wonder the world is screwed up today!!!

blues fan

Edwards is a smarmy cheat, but Bush has sent thousands of our soldiers to be killed or maimed needlessly .......that concerns me a lot more than Mr. Edwards' infidelity.

Ande

I can't believe how much news time Edwards' infidelity has sucked up. Hours and hours of talking heads, interviews with people he met in the hall, say-nothing comments from other politicians, analysis up the analysis. Enough already! The man screwed a woman other than his wife and lied about it. The scenario is old, old, old. Give it a rest. If or no other reason--for the sake of his wife and children.

That poor court monitor!

JOHN EDWARDS IS THE FATHER OF HUNTER'S BABY.

WHAT OTHER REASON WOULD EDWARDS HAVE TO MEET HUNTER LATE AT NIGHT, IN THE BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL, UNDER A RESERVED ROOM FOR HIM, ONLY A FEW WEEKS AGO?

PLEASE.

JOHN EDWARDS SHOULD FOCUS ON BEING AN ADEQUATE HUSBAND (TO A CRITICALLY ILL WIFE OF 30 YEARS) AND FATHER BEFORE HE TRIES FOR ANOTHER POLITICAL CAREER. SAVE YOURSELF, JOHN.

lolo

Why can't pretty guys and pretty girls learn to say, "Thanks, but I'm married"? You're going to get hit on....get over it....how low is your self-esteem that you need to act on it!?! So stupid.....especially the ones that have cameras following them! I have zero sympathy for them. Not to be mean, but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for his wife either (on this situation). Not the first time and she chooses to stay. I'm sure she has her reasons for doing so, but she has options if she chose not to stay. There are many women who don't have those options in this type of relationship. I would love for her to set an example and say, "I'm better than this" and kick his butt to the curb.

Emma

Here's a crazy idea:

I'd RATHER have a President who CHEATS on his spouse and is good at his job [see: Clinton, JFK, FDR] than a President who is FAITHFUL to his spouse and INCOMPETENT [see: Carter, Bush Jr.].

If you aren't breaking any major laws, than I don't care what you are doing in your private life as long as you are focused on running our country to the best our your, and its, ability. Are you smoking small amounts of pot occasionally? Illegally downloading MP3s? Smoking in non-smoking areas? Jay-walking? Speeding or driving without a seat belt?

I DON'T CARE. Do your job. We are the only major Western nation that is soooo obsessed with our leaders personal lives! GET OVER IT!!

Plenty of other countries have not only survived, but THRIVED, with leaders who have had mistresses and entire second families while running their country. Was it right? N-O. Did they continue to be elected because they were leading their countries through booming times? Y-E-S. [ See: Chirac and countless Japanese PM's]

Sweet Mercy, people! We aren't pilgrims anymore!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments