Carey Hart's Brother Dies in Motocross Crash

8/10/2008 10:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anthony Hart, Carey Hart's brother, died yesterday after wrecking his motorcycle at Stafford Motor Speedway in Connecticut.

Hart, 21, crashed during a practice session for the Doug Henry New England Grand Prix, which is part of the American Motorcyclist Association's XTRM Supermoto Championship series.

Anthony was critically injured when he lost control of his motorcycle and slammed into a wall. He was airlifted to Hartford Hospital where he later died.

Carey and Pink separated earlier this year.

Bobbi

@No Pity: It doesn't matter if it was dangerous or not. Hell nowadays just walking down the street is dangerous. Have some compassion.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family during this trying time. Stay strong and be together.

pebbles

I am sooooooooo sorry for you & your family. We lost our nephew in a motorcycle accident on May 14th of this yr. He was 19. We know your pain, and just, god bless you all!

PAM

I am so sorry to hear this sad sad news.

#10 Lynn, I am sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking. ((((hugs))))

T L

my thought and prayers are with there family.
TMZ could you not find a more appropriate picture of Carey? He looks like he just won a prize not lost a brother.

GOLGO13

I think I agree w/ comment #15, the one getting all the responses.? If you die while ridin, you suck. People make it sound like every person who drives a motorcycle will die. The fact is plenty of people ride and race and don't die, if you do...you are pathetic, at least at shreddin nards. Further more, is this the kind of trite I will receive when I die? "He had such a good life ahead of him"(?). WTF. Lol.

p.s. I think the picture TMZ chose is perfect. Keep up the gj!

perky

God, how sad. Coincidentally, I just saw Carey last Tuesday in the Las Vegas airport and he looked great. It terrible to think that just a few days later his family is now struck with this tragedy.

brewstie

#28 is absolutely right....I also live in CT and none of the media here mentioned any connection to his brother. I feel very sad for the family. Yes, he took a risk but truly you don't think you will die doing something like this in a secure environment. Clearly the guy had a lot of experience, it was just a horrible accident.

Hart Fan

I agree with comments 22 & 23 !! I feel terrible for the Harts. I just met Carey at the X Games last weekened & he is a wonderful person. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Melissa

Just know he was just not Carey Harts little brother he was am amazing spirit, and worked hard at his talent i wish he would've got more time to show it. I ♥ you tony hart. My blessings to his family ♥

mess-iah sara is nothing but a used TAMPON

so so sad and so very very young....

mess-iah sara is nothing but a used TAMPON

Iam so proud of you Melissa & Iam so sorry you lost your friend, I know how much you loved him..be strong & try not to listen or read the bad stuff

pinhead

Sad day so so young! I like the whole lot of them I hope you all get through this as best you can.
Big X games fan. Pink she aint too bad herself.

Kid Charisma

First his wrestling brother owen and now this. Maybe he will get back with his wife, Denise Richards

GEB

That is so sad, thoughts and prayers. I didn't even knw Carey hart had a younger brother really. Condolences to the family.

ACH

I am so sorry for Hart family loss. I just have to say to you idiots who have no pity, That it is fine because when you die I really hope your family doesn't have to read smut like you posted. It shows how immuture you are. Do you enjoy driving? Guess what you can die doing that. God bless the family in this hard time and I hope you find the peace you deserve.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments