Mistress: I Like My DNA The Old Fashion Way

8/10/2008 7:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Edwards may have dodged a bullet. That's what she said!

Edwards' love on the side, Rielle Hunter, is not going to ask for a paternity test to prove whether or not her 5-month-old daughter is John's.

Both Rielle and Edwards claim that due to timing, the baby couldn't be his. According to the NY Post, there's no father listed on birth certificate and Rielle wants to "maintain her privacy and her daughter's privacy."

carol

She is being paid a lot of money to say that. If he wasn't the father, there would be no reason for him to be in that hotel with her and the kid just a few weeks ago. The truth will come out in time. Follow the money.

Lisa 007

RE : #15 Yes it is a personal matter between Edwards and his wife and his mistress. Only problem with that is that he CHOSE to run for the highest office in our country and that is when it becomes my right to know. Enough of this.

Ned

Is there any chance that the father could be Larry Birkhead or Howard K. Stern? Maybe there is a sex tape with HKS, Birkhead and Edwards...they are all a bunch of lowlife pieces of SH*T!!

Alexa

My money's on Prince von Ahole.

Don

After John Edwards admitted to the affair, what seems to be obvious to me as I read between the lines are a few things. Since the the headlines would have read that Edwards cheated on his cancer stricken, dying wife, Edwards said she was in remission. If this is true he couldn't, due to timing, be the father. LIE # 1

Since he is lying about being the father he had to conceal his lie by agreeing to a paternaty test, all the while knowing that one would not be performed if Ms. Hunter refused. How to get her to refuse? Give her money. Where to get the money without breaking laws? Have someone else put up the money. The first payment 114,000 could be camaflauged as a service Ms. Hunter was performing as videographer. The campaign money could be used for this. This would give a reason for Ms. Hunter to be globe trotting to Africa and elsewhere with John Edwards. I guess he was thinking that this was a ingenius plan. Keep his mistress with him for months, take her on exotic trips and have the contributors pay for it. The problem with this plan is, now that he admitted that she was his mistress, he will have to answer the questions, Why did you pay her? What is her experience as film maker? What did you use the film for? Where did the money come from?

Being an observer of human nature I can say with all certainty that the rest of the story will be revealed. No woman will be satified with whatever amount of money Edwards gave her to "go along". She will ask for more when the tabloids will be offering her millions for her story. Millions of dollars is hard to turn down. Can Edwards match their offer? Remember that the child is entitled to child support until the age of majority and is entitled to an equal share of his estate as an heir. You can bet she will get lawyered up to protect her and her childs monetary interest in his and his wifes estate.

Campaign Laws will be questioned. The GOP will insist, in the interest of fair play, that it be proven that Ms. Hunters payments and other payments to other parties didn't come from contributors. They will have to follow the money. Investigatgions will ensue. Edwards being a lawyer, would make me assume that he can't be so stupid to pay off the players with campaign money or his own money. As you can remember he state that he was unaware of any money being paid by anyone. LIE #2

I guess it will be discovered that a wealthy supporter paid the money to keep the scandal from breaking and to keep the campaign on tract. This supporter will be asked to testify under oath about source of the funds and his motivation to paying it. With Edwards political career over, his supporter will have no interest in facing jail time to protect a "never will be."

I can't wait to see the sequel: The Hypocritical, Lying, Cheating Politician Part II

Dee

I agree with #11. WHO IN THE HELL CARES IF HE SCREWED AROUND? Thats between him and his wife. Let the guy handle it on his own. Whats funny is that HE'S NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS DONE THIS, THE OTHERS HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT YET!!! DEM OR REP. Everyone does it and they just haven't got caught yet.

Tinalouise

if the effin ho would have kept her legs shut and decided NOT to have an affair with a married man then she wouldnt be in this situation. I hope she gets hounded to death now by reporters for her part in this dirty mess.

carol

When you go into PUBLIC office and compound it by going after the HIGHEST office in the land - it becomes my right too - so knock it off all those saying it is between him and his wife - it goes much further than that. Follow the money trail.

Tangie

I too, have supported this site by commenting......but I'm not the one bitching non-stop about TMZ. I just don't understand the mentality of someone who feels they are so above such a place, yet is here more than a lot of people. If you don't like it, go someone else! Your little opinion isn't gonna stop this site, or the morons running it! Just by commenting, you kep it going!

c arndt

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie

Sadly, while on some levels, behaviores such as these are no one's business. Mr. Edwards involved himself and his family in a life of public service, putting himself and all of them in this very position. It was a choice, just like having an affair was a choice and now it's public knowledge and the consequence of public knowledge is often judgement and not easy to accept.

I am reminded yet again of our former President, Bill Clinton. You might remember how he looked America in the eye via National Television, and said "I did not have sex with that woman", a lie he'd also told his wife, which later proved to be true. This lie carried through to his wife's campaign and saw both his wife and adult daughter's disdain at the question's being asked of her...Remember??? I do, and sadly was shocked at her response because it absolutely was America's business.-we financed his choices and the behaviors, and are now expected to ignore yet another philander! I think not.

none of your business

ANY ONE THAT RUNS FOR OFFICE IS NOT PERFECT THE DIFFERNCE IS THE MEDIA STICKS THEIR NOSE IN AND THEN WE FIND OUT ABOUT. NO MATTER WHO RUNS OR WHO GETS INTO OFFICE THEY ALL ARE GOING TO HAVE FLAWS BECAUSE NOBODY PERFECT. THIS IS NOTHING NEW. THE PEOPLE THAT WERE IN OFFICE BEFORE I GUESS THEY WERE ALL PERFECT. NO WE JUST DID NOT KNOW THEY CHEATED OR DID DRUGS.. AND AGAIN THIS IS BETWEEN JOHN AND HIS WIFE TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE. THIS IS PERSONAL ISSUE THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH. NO BODY IS PERFECT.

anonymous

John told his wife back in 2006 and she has confirmed that. At least he told her when it happened and this woman and her family are now telling the public ?!

A_confused_man

Still he is doing so well. I wish I could be in his shoes. LOL

LosCabos

It's none of our business MY ASS!! It IS our business. I'm a Dem and i'm in total disgust with Edwards! For years he made us believe he was the real deal. He raised money from everywhere, making us all civilians give money to his campaign. He preached about being this role model, family guy and great husband.

He did that two years ago? What about last July? He's still lying, i say he is the father and will stuff his mistress with money for her to STFU about him.