Dennis Quaid Racks Up More Legal Woes

8/12/2008 6:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

First it was the whole mess with his twins that triggered a lawsuit, and now another legal problem.

Seems Dennis believes he got stiffed on a $70,000 loan. So he's suing New Yawker Steven Mendelson claiming the 2001 loan has gone unpaid and Quaid wants his jack back.

In the lawsuit filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Quaid claims Mendelson defaulted on the loan more than 4 years ago, but it seems they went back and forth trying to resolve their dispute but ultimately couldn't.

Quaid is suing for unspecified damages.

your mother

I hope he doesn't get carried away with lawsuits. He might start looking desperate like Ed McMahon.

2075 days ago

john wayne gacy

a white man loaning
money to the jewish ?

something there sounds
completely backwards.........

2075 days ago

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

CELEBRITIES COULD HELP THERE FANS IF THEY WANTED TOO ........

TAKE 30 FAMILIES AND GIVE $10,000 EACH , IF EACH CELEBRITIES

AND COMPANIES ALL DID THAT , IT WOULD HELP FANS MORE THAN

YOU MIGHT THINK . FANS ARE THE ONES WHO MADE CELEBRITIES

RICH AT THE BEGINNING . GIVE BACK TO YOUR FANS .............

2075 days ago

FlBiker

Without a script in front of him, this guy is a village idiot.

2075 days ago

wasted days and wasted nights

Silly celebs, playing bank.

2075 days ago

Ugh

Someone's career is in the hopper...

Hey Quaid - I hear McDonald's is hiring.

2074 days ago

tmz is the pits

#s 2, 4 and 6...they define the word "moronic".

2074 days ago

Randy

This guy is desperate for attention! Who is that guy whom he gave his money to anyway? And why be so dumb as to loan someone such a big sum of money? Wankers!

2074 days ago

it takes a molester

MICHAEL PHELPS!!! ALL THE WAY!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

2074 days ago

Amy

Why is everyone being such a jerk about this? Someone owes him money, of course he needs to demand to be repaid! Even if he's richer than King Midas, that's how it works. Quaid was so touching in interviews after his babies nearly died. He is clearly a good man and loving father, so bite your tongues!

2074 days ago

I'm Just Sayin' . . .

This is the BEST picture of Dennis Quaid that they could put up?

2074 days ago

not me

#3," CELEBRITIES SHOULD GIVE BACK TO THERE FANS" : Didn't get a response from Dennis Quaid so you thought you'd try the same thing with Whoopi Goldberg? If she doesn't respond either, are you going to post to Shauna Sand next? Jack Black's farting buddy? By the way, it should be CELEBRITIES SHOULD GIVE BACK TO "THEIR" FANS .

2074 days ago

PamHD

I sure could use some extra cash, I am disabled from Multiple Sclerosis and live on $800.00 a month, NEVER have I asked anyone for money but those that could spare some, I'd sure put it to good use, and not blow it on a vacation, or some frivilous expense. Probably buy some food, since it is doubled in the last year...my house is literally falling apart....If I had happened on some large amount of money, I would definately give to those who were truly in need...Since I dont ask and complain, I guess people think I dont need anything.....sometimes pride can get in the way of those in need and those who get what they want....Mr. Quaid is entitled to any monies he's lent to anyone. just my 2 cents worth...oops, im down to 1 cent...

2073 days ago