Attorneys: Stabbing Suspect Disarmed Twice

8/13/2008 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The shocking details of what happened inside the house where Kendra Beebe was nearly stabbed to death are now unfolding at Shelley Malil's arraignment.

Attorneys for Beebe say of the more than 20 knife wounds on her body, three were life threatening -- one to each lung and one to the throat. They say Beebe nearly bled to death and there was "a lot of blood" on the back patio, through the kitchen and all the way to the front patio.

They also say a male visitor initially disarmed Malil, but he found another knife. A neighbor then showed up and disarmed Malil for the second time. Shelley allegedly fled once he heard sirens.

The attorneys say Kendra's children were upstairs at the time of the attack.

Attorneys for Malil, who was dressed in a blue jumpsuit and sat behind protective glass, wanted their client's bail lowed from $4 million to $2 million. Instead, the judge upped it to $10 million.

Kelli

Some of you are insane! FEEL BETTER quick and have a great night! Sweet dreams...

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Does anyone know what the maximum prison time in California is for attempted murder?

Prayers And Love To The Hudson Family

To DD: Bullicide is never the answer. Google it. You will see suicides, etc. As for your other answer about do I think stabbing is right. Of course not. I absolutely DO NOT thing it's OK in at all. No way.

Jack

BEEP BEEP............... Watch out Road Runner... I am after you!!!!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Ouch, I hurt myself falling down. lol

Jack

Yeah Kelli sweet dreams.... why dont you keep your nosey snout out of the conversation. No one is talking to you!

Kelli

LMAO!!! No convo here worth talking to!! Night SUGARBRITCHES!!!

Prayers And Love To The Hudson Family

61 & 62? Huh? Is this a smack down?

Joanne

I can't figure out how there was any bail amount allowed, considering the brutality of the crime. I hope she pulls through. I hope this horrible individual is put away for a long, long time.

caliJ

OMG what a LOSER!!!! He should have just punched her in the face. You only get a few months and then when you get out, she's happy to see you because she knows if she isn't...POW!!! Another right hook in the grill. :)

trax

Haha, thats great that the judge raised the bail to 10mill.

js

I cannot beleive the "she deserved it comments " what a bunch of jerks. great job judge!!!!! I hope he rots in prison. Maybe he is a muslim they have a different attitude towards women ya know

OCD

I'm glad the judge didn't let him out on bail. The guy is a complete nutter. Just because you have/had celebrity status and fame or money doesn't mean that you are immune. "Famous" people can still be crazy as bedbugs. And frequently are.

Ziggy

Obviously their relationship was over and she was moving on with her life. Women have to be more selective in who they let into their lives. If you sense the dark & negative energy coming from a man when you first meet him and you decide to ignore it, wait and it will only get worse. You will experience a nightmarish hell right here on earth. Break if off as soon as you realize he is unstable, jealous, controlling, manipulative or just plain nuts. Learn how to be without a man and then be selective in who you choose to be in your life, especially your children's lives. A nut job with a big fat wallet, a fancy car and good credentials is still a nut job. He's proof of that. And let's not forget O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake, Phil Spector and the list goes on.

Good thing she had great neighbors who saved her life. Hopefully she will heal and grow from this experience. Life is too short. So happy the judge took a stance and raised the bail. Go Judge!!! We need more judges like you in this country.

Jason

I suggest instead of being racist and laughing at this situation we all pray for Kendra to make a strong recovery. I have known Shelley for quite some time and to be honest what he did on Sunday shocked me. I truly believe he snapped because the Shelley I know is a very nice person who comes from a very good family. I think he may have had the personality type to bottle in all of his emotions and maybe when he found Kendra with another man he just turned into a monster. His actions were evil and that is why I know he deserves a strict penalty but I hope you all pray for him as I am praying for him. What good is it for us to only pray for the people we love we must pray for our enemies to get better and understand their mistakes. Also, for you people calling Shelley a Muslim, please get your facts straight, he is a Christian.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments