"Idol" Fans Prefer No Talent Dad to Wannabe Son

8/14/2008 7:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Since when are people fans of verbally abusive stage dads?

The "American Idol" tour rolled through D.C. today and it was actually Jeff Archuleta that signed the most autographs -- besting son David and "Idol" champ David Cook. Some people have strange tastes.

Ms. X

People love Diva's.

Eric in L.A.

Has David A. come out the closet yet. "SEACREST OUT! of the closet" LMAO

Jenny

Hey...Don't hate!! I'm trying out for Idol on Tuesday in Joy-zee!

Joanne

Just as it seems Clay Aiken is more popular than Reuben, it seems David Archuleta may wind up being more popular than David Cook. I like David A. better myself!!

Jim

I guess your plan backfired TMZ..you made Jeff a famous man!

Joan

Who's baby is that? Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute! (No, I'm not talking about Archuleta!)

vw

Another "pimp" parent, much like the Lohans, Cyrus' and Simpsons.

sandy

Seems Jeff isn't the devil you've made him out to be, eh? And as for 'wannabe', the wannabe has the #1 single on iTunes currently.

davidarchuletafanforever

David and his dad Jeff are adorable!!! Great guys!

davidarchuletafanforever

DAVID ARCHULETA IS GONNA BE A HUGE MEGA STAR SO YOU GUYS BETTER START KISSING HIS ASS NOW!

???????

TMZ ...WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT DAVID ARCHULETA IS JUST A WANNABE? FOR A WANNABE HE MUST BE A GOOD ONE TO BE NO. 1 IN THE ITUNES CHART....He bested David Cook who is no. 17 in the charts....Based on the video, why blame Jeff Archuleta for signing autographs...blame those who are asking for them!!!! GEEZZZZZ

T

You don't even know his dad, so leave him alone. I met Jeff twice and he is so nice. I actually asked him for an autograph b/c he has been such a supportive dad to David, who is amazing. Jeff doesn't offer the autographs. People actually ask him for them b/c they want them. Leave the Archuletas alone and let them enjoy this time!

Bunny

My daughter was at the tour and said that this is absolutely false. She attended every autograph signing and said that lil Archie's dad was not even accessible. Before the concert he kept the crowd entertained while waiting for the top 10 to emerge from wherever they were and would be walking through entertained for almost 4 hours. At the end of that 4 hours a concert staff member came out and told the crowd to disperse...the stars would not be walking through. My daughter and her friend were right at the gate wearing David Archuleta t-shirts and before they left he approached them and told them to stay put...his son would be coming through and he would sign a few autographs and sure enough he made sure my daughter and her friend both got pictures and autographs from David A.

TMZ needs to check their sources...this could not be more fabricated.

Robert

What a tool!

Jenny

David Archuleta's Dad is nice! My friend got a high five from him at an autograph signing and David Archuleta signed like 500 autographs while David Cook didn't even come out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments