Jury Sides With God, Pastor's Wife Cleared

8/14/2008 4:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Megachurch preacher's wife Victoria Osteen did not assault a flight attendant over a stain on her first class seat, a civil jury in Texas has ruled.

The jurors rejected Sharon Brown's claims that pastor Joel Osteen's wife caused her mental and physical harm -- even giving her hemorrhoids-- by going off on her on a 2005 flight from Houston to Vail, Colo.

Brown had said Miss Victoria went berserk when a spill on the armrest of her seat wasn't cleaned up quickly enough. Brown said the preacher's wife slammed her against the lavatory door, and elbowed her in the breast as she rushed the cockpit. A jury unanimously decided Brown's story was full of holy baloney and awarded her zilch.

Brown had sued for 10% of Osteen's net worth.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

ItrustJoel

I know Joel. from pre-tv on. frugal, wise, lived w/parents b4 married. drove a junker and put sheets on the windows to build own house for cash. sweeps up after workers. works like a dog. 7 days a wk. watched his conduct for 33 yrs now. as they always say, time will tell...

FAinAZ

As a flight attendant and RN, I found Sharon Brown's claims pathetic. Sounds like Victoria O. was frustrated by poor, arrogant service from the FA to get her that angry, but hemorrhoids and 10% or her worth?? Both were probably in the wrong but Brown was just trying to get rich quick. She should be fired. Ask for an apology and let the authorities handle the rest if necessary.

FAinAZ

I try not to read many blogs anymore, because so many people are so cruel and rude on them--just like on this one. I am amazed at all the judgemental people who seem to despise Joel Osteen. When I watch his humble, uplifting, motivational sermons, I feel like he is very sincere and know he is helping so many people. It seems he is also addressing something that we experience in our daily lives, and I think anyone who spends their time helping people find tools to survive in their daily lives and relationships, that they are a positive force in the world and don't deserve to be spat upon by people who don't even know them or their work. I don't know about his wife, but I don't really care. He is the one I listen to--not her. She has her own path in life to follow and learn from. My son-in-law was uplifted during some horrible times in Iraq by listening to DVDs of Joel that I would occasionally send him. Please don't judge so harshly if you don't take the time to know him.

rocketgirl

well..............praise God, the flight attendant was trying to get money...hemmoroids....please I think she herself was the pain ih her butt..........10% of what, her money, why would she be entitled to it, what work has she done to lift the spirits up, to teach and preach about the Lord our God, and please no one say anything about that, I have a right to believe in him, just as you do, I am only sorry if you don't because it is real, and when the last person hears the gospel, and the son Of God, opens the skies, and appears before us, all will bow down to him......and I hope your pride, or your rebellion doesn't keep you from entering the kingdom of Heaven....after all where did we come from, and how do you explain goose bumps, when a truly amazing miracle happens before your eyes....I'v seen many, so it not up for discussion, my God is real, and I am Heaven Bound.......praise god...............and way to go osteens............you lift us up everyday...and God Blesses you for it ..................thank God and Amen......rocket girl from dallas

ammccf

PUHLEEEEEEZE!!

This is God's work? ? ?

I surely hope He has better things to do than control this idiot's hemorrhoids and fits of distemper!!

Whatta shame people are stating that GOD answered her prayers. Lousy temper is lousy temper no metter who's mouth it comes from or who's hands do the hitting!!
FOR SHAME! ! ! !

stopthepresses

I agree with the previous poster. God had nothing to do with this. I don't need to judge the Osteens - God will do that in his own time. I hope they're up to it.

anita

People will come up with anything this day and time to get attention, dont belive this crap for one minnute...Anita

jeff sharkus