« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Phelps: Before the Medals, Muscles and DUI

8/14/2008 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He may be the greatest Olympian of all time, but Michael Phelps was once just another pale, skinny 8-year-old in a Speedo.

Here's little Mikey back in 1993 at the North Baltimore Aquatic Club.

All it takes to be a stud is 11 gold medals.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BabyGirl

First!

Jon

What a snide stupid thing to say re the DUI. While your little comments are usually very funny and sardonic, this one was just dumb. I can very easily picture the turd in your office who wrote it.

Angelbec

You can already see the intensity in this eyes...

nicole

michael phelps is AMAAAZZZIIINNNG!
waiting for him to get back to baltimore, stat!!

Angie

I second that Jon

Andrew

But it's true Jon

Liz

Has anyone else noticed how SMALL the "speedos" have gotten this year?

As in the ones the divers are wearing.

Come on Michael, you can do it!!!!!!!

pinhead

I agree with the anti DUI comments the other guy selling stuff, I think you should try EBAY. I hope more of the youth were like this! Put down your joy sticks get motivated and do something! If John McCain wins he will put you all in my world. The draft is comming! Executive order 93 from 1943 inacted by FDR. Check it out youngsters, see ya on the battlefield.

adelle

shon

He was so adorable.

Kate deL

I agree with you, Jon. Most people do not know the difference between wit and condescension. The author is clearly one of them. The author is apparently a jealous dweeb that cannot overcome his inadequacies. That is why he must denigrate decent people.

I am sorry Mr. TMZ Staff that you are so uneducated, unintelligent, and petty. Must be a bitter for you sallow, to watch others overcome thier personal failures and enjoy success when you cannot.

Michael you are the only reason I am watching the Olympic games. Keep doing what you do, Baby. It is inspiring.

What on earth?

What is wrong with you people at TMZ. Why do you have a need to always put people down. Your coments on the pictures are always negative and degrading. Just because they are famous it does not give you the right to disrespect people in the way you do.

jocker

The DUI thing is true it happen right here in Salisbury, MD on the East Coast, he was visiting a few friends at Salisbury University and got popped for running a stop sign.

Kate deL

Not denying the veracity of the DUI. Michael was young and foolish at the time. I venture to guess he has done a little maturing since. He has paid his fine, done his community service, and kept his nose clean. It is simply tacky to bring it up at this point.

PS I am familiar with the cop that tagged him. He is as petty as the author of this article.

Jane

I love this picture. Especially the scab on his knee. Just a regular little boy. Who knew?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments