Trump -- Hero to Heyyyyyy-O

8/14/2008 9:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With all the money he's saved from firing people, Donald Trump may be bailing out Ed McMahon.

Trump has agreed to buy Ed's Bev Hills mansion, which McMahon is about to lose, and lease it back to him so Ed has a place to stay -- according to the L.A. Times.

We've confirmed Alex Davis of Hilton & Hyland, a top Bev Hills real estate firm, flew to NYC and made the appeal to The Donald.

According to the newspaper, Trump said, "When I was at the Wharton School of Business...I'd watch him every night. How could this happen?"

Unclear how much Donald will plunk down. The house was listed a while back for $7 mil but the asking price fell like a rock -- this weekend it was listed for $4.6 mil.

who dat

Trump doesn't have a charitable bone in his body. He probably stoled it for around $3.2. The bank got screwed. Ed will be working for free to whatever promo work Trump wants ed to do. And Trump will not stop blowing his own horn about what a great guy he is. Once Ed dies, probably within a year, Trump boots the widow out and he has purchasedf at 50% from the market peak.

ted knur

Mr. Trump please lend out another helping hand employ me. I need a job seroiusly with insurace please???? heck I'd do anything I need insurace to get my child into the USA. Help me please?????

Debbie/grandmother

Always those who will be cynical. So unfortunate that some cannot look at the good that people do in this world. I for one have changed my mind about Trump. He is doing a decent thing for a decent man. God bless you, Mr. Trump!

toomanydoggies

Why did Ed need a younger woman in his bed? Ed could have married a woman his own age or older than himself. Ed brought his financial troubles on himself.

Melon Head

WHY THE HELL DOESNT ED JUST GO OUT AND RENT A 2 BED 2 BATH APT. FOR AROUND $1800.00 in a DECENT NEIGHBORHOOD AND CALL IT A DAY...HE CERTAINLY COULD AFFORD THAT FROM HIS SOCIAL SECURITY AND RETIREMENT PENSION AND STOP TRYING TO LIVE LIKE A FRICKING SULTAN...THE DIRTY ASS PRICK!!

Canyon Girl

Thank God for men like Donald Trump. Why do some of you have to be so mean? Do you really enjoy making fun of someone who is old and down on his luck? Shame on you. For the person asking about a Reverse Mortgage - please be advised that you can only get a Reverse Mortgge on a home with NO MORTGAGE!!

Donald Trump did the right thing - he will be blessed for this. Why don't the people who judge, look around and find someone YOU could help - you would feel good about yourself instead of pent up angre.

Canyon Girl

No. 36 - I feel sorry for you - you are so bitter. After living for years in a nice place, why shouldn't he try to stay in his house? He would have gone to a smaller one but thank God there are other types of people not in your league.

Kelli

Trump needs to comb his combover and get a grip!!!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

I am hungry now and going to make extra spicey nachos so i can burp all nite and bug my hubbie!! hahaha

Women R Hizoes

A sale lease-back. That works! And if it's as plain as the L.A. Times reports, that's cool of Donald to do. I think more celebrities should have helped him out in the first place. Hats off to Trump though for being cool. Now McMahon just needs to put his money grubbing b*tch in check.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

IF ALL CELEBRITIES WOULD HELP 60 MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES
OUT , WITH THERE MORTGAGES , SINCE THE MORTGAGE
COMPANIES SCREWED THEM OVER , IT WOULD BE HELPFUL .

SIMON COWELL , HE HELPED A FAMILY OUT AND PAID THERE
MORTGAGE , AND EVERYONE DIDN'T LIKE SIMON BECAUSE HE'S
SUPPOSELY MEAN , WELL I KNEW BETTER , SIMON ISN'T MEAN ,
IF ANYTHING HE HELPED A FAMILY OUT .

ALL CELEBRITIES CAN HELP "MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES " .....
IT'S CALLED GIVING BACK AND NOT ONLY THAT ,
THESE FAMILIES COULD BE "CELEBRITIES FANS , WHO WENT TO
THERE CONCERTS , WENT TO THE MOVIES , BROUGHT PRODUCTS
FROM CELEBS .

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG TO HELP OTHERS ...........

IF I HAD MILLIONS OR BILLIONS OF DOLLARS , I WOULD HELP
FAMILIES OUT ESPECIALLY WITH THERE MORTGAGE .

RIGHT NOW I KNOW SOME FAMILIES WHO NEEDS HELP ,
I ALREADY HELPED THEM AS MUCH AS , I COULD .

SO CELEBS GO OUT AND HELP FAMILIES .

REMEMBER IT STARTS AT HOME ( USA )

Al

Will Rosie be Ed's new maid?

Pat

If Trump really wanted to help why didn't he just buy the place and give it to Ed? The lease option means that Ed still has to make a payment, which apparently he can't afford, and is the reason he is in the position he is. Trump can afford the money and he would get a tax break for a making it a gift.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

#41..........i agree with you ............Do you know over 80% of middle class people are
in a financial situation , not because they wanted this to happen .
because mortgage companies lied to the customers .

Watch "ONTHEMONEY " with Carmen , CNBC , NIGHTLY ,

I watch it daily , because i know how these people feels , I been there .
Because of Job lay offs , it could take a person 2 yrs or longer to found
a job , many companies are "age discrimination " . It doesnt matter if you've
B.A or Master's , many jobs will only pay you $10.00 - $15.00 an hour , no matter
what education you've , I see it daily .

So if Donald Trump can help someone , power to him . But he could help
the middle class .

What else Companies or Celebs could do is , hire middle class families ,
they're willing to work , take pride and devoted to there jobs , once they've one .

I kept hearing , American people are LAZY , WELL i think certain people want
everyone to believe it , but we know better the TRUE AMERICANS are hard
workers. I know many men / women , who will work , these people im speaking
about used to work 12- 16 hrs a day , 7 days a week , until the Company Closed.

Anyways everyone help 2 people and those 2 help , 2 people , by the time its all
done , Everyone will be in better shape financially.

smanhwood

Donald is no hero just another Landlord.