Applegate

Gets the Breast News Ever

8/18/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Reports surfaced fifteen days ago that Christina Applegate had breast cancer -- and now the actress is "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean."

According to an interview Apple had with GMA that airs Tuesday, she says, "It did not spread. They got everything out, so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."

Baseball Junkie

I'm glad Christina got good news. So long as she follows up with the drug therapy (I'm assuming that's common these days since my sister-in-law is on Tamoxifen) she has a very good chance. my2.5cent, you're right that there's no such thing as 100% cured but we know what she meant and I hope for her sake that she's right.

Go Sox

scissors

Congratulations sweetheart. Love your work.

Jen

AWESOME!!!!!! God Bless.

Studly

Hallelujah!

SRS

Tell that to my Mom. She was declared cancer free. It came back 6 months later and took her life.

phdguru

I think we heard about this more than 15 days ago... but yes, its a good thing.

FlBiker

Well let's see 'em and we can be the judge of how healthy they are.

frogs and gravel

Never say never. Even the "unsinkable" Titanic sank.

Baseball Junkie

SRS, my condolences on the loss of your mother. I lost mine a couple of years to a sudden massive heart attack. They try to tell you that eventually it stops hurting so much and maybe that's true for some people but I still miss her. There's no one like a mom.

Go Sox

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Wow - GREAT news! Thank God.

This should be something to learn from. Most people this young never get diagnosed. They don't expect to see it in people this young, but I bet most 40-somethings have actually had it for a very long time, just no one knew. If she lived with this for 5 more years, then it was found, this would be a different story. But since they caught it so early, it's a miracle, and she will be fine. AGAIN, thank God.

We love Christina and have been praying for her. Congrats sweetie- We're SO GLAD you are OK!

tom

"The breast news ever"? Can you turn off your tacky headlines just once?

Let Kate Date!

10:19 - You're so correct (and very sorry about your mom).

My mother had chemo, both her breasts and lymph nodes completely removed and then radiation - all at age forty. She was then non-malignant for SIXTEEN YEARS. Now it is in her bones and she is incurable. She's dying now.

It hides and it comes back.

I'm happy for Christina (I've always liked her) but to make the statement that she's "definitely not going to die from breast cancer" is a bit stupid. Maybe she meant not in the immediate future...

She should have emphasized follow-up treatment and constant screenings rather than saying that she's "100% cancer free"; as everyone has cancer cells in their body all the time, and then making the prediction that she will "definitely" not die from breast cancer - ever?

I knew you're happy Christina but you may want to run your public statements regarding your health by a doctor or nurse first to see if they make sense.

Good luck and best wishes for a long, long period of remission...

Kay

Wonderful news. This means her lymph nodes are clear, and the chances of it coming back are much smaller. I'm sure she'll take extra care with her health.

breast cancer survivor

HUH? how can she say she is 100% cancer free? Unless she had DCIS ( cancer in the ducts that has not broken thru) and even then a lot of times it has spread and they just didn;t see. I forget the stats my onc gave me( mine hadn't spread either) but it sure was not close to 100%. You would think she would be more informed before making statements like that

brazen weep

Great news! So happy for her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments