Applegate

Gets the Breast News Ever

8/18/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Reports surfaced fifteen days ago that Christina Applegate had breast cancer -- and now the actress is "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean."

According to an interview Apple had with GMA that airs Tuesday, she says, "It did not spread. They got everything out, so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."

LeeG

Great for her but she should not be saying that she will not die from breast cancer. WRONG. She is not out of the woods for 5 yrs. I was 1 yr older than her with stomach cancer. Even though contained she is not out of the woods. I cannot believe that any oncologist would tell her she beat it. Cancer is a long road...............................................

lmk1979

Good for her, I hope she can remain cancer free!!! God Bless!!

Stacy

"breast news ever????" It's good news....but you need a new title...come on now.

who dat

Everyone I have ever witnessed that declared they had breast cancer -- and now the actress is "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean", was dead withun a year.

Jane

I am happy for her, of course, but I hope she isn't that naive to think she is 100% in the clear. Do some research before making ridiculous statements.

Gwen

She was diagnosed with cancer, then cured from cancer in a month? That is a miracle...

Flake

In 15 days you're cured of cancer..that's BS.

ponio

She's 100% clear because she had a double mastectomy. I applaud her for her intelligence over vanity.

moi

CNN reports she had a double mastectomy.....

Reality

good luck,. that was a tough but brave decision.

Dixie

Wow! I didnt even know she had a double masectomy until 5 minutes ago. Glad to hear she is doing well and keeping her spirits up.

sandyduncansglasseye

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

BCSurvivor

Nice way to make a killing disease marginal and "easy".There are so many young BC survivors out there,including myself.Those in the public eye who have had it are so far removed from how it often is in reality.You don't get to stay pretty and thin on chemo,hormone therapy,surgery,radiation and the ensuing 5 years of Tamoxifen.

To say you are "100% cured" and that cancer will never kill you now is foolish and dangerous.There is no security after a diagnosis,even Stage 0's can and do recur and lose their lives.

BCSurvivor

Ponio..... "She's 100% clear because she had a double mastectomy."

A double mast is NO certain "cure".You can never get all the breast tissue in the body.She is at best "NED",no evidence of disease....for now.THERE IS NO CURE!

Bobertbobert

Sadly, A.S. did the right thing; life is more important than appearence. She's still a heart throb.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments