« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Phelps

Cereal Killer

8/20/2008 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael PhelpsFive out of five dentists say Michael Phelps is all wet -- when it comes to his choice of breakfast cereal.

Health experts are going nuts because Mikey likes Frosted Flakes, and is going to be on the FF box rather than a Wheaties box, like pretty much every other big-shot athlete. They're all up in arms because Flakes has three times as much sugar as Wheaties and only a fraction of the fiber. Not so grrrrrreat after all?!

We've put in a call to the Wheaties peeps, but haven't heard back yet.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Correction

He will be on BOTH corn flakes and frosted flakes. So now parents have an opportunity to TEACH their children about making healthy choices.

Figgynoz

Michael trained most of his life for the gold medals he won. He doesn't owe any of us anything. Not our kids, not us. I can only assume that all the people on this board talking about how wrong it is to endorse Frosted Flakes because it will then cause all the children in the US to become obese are not parents themselves. I, not my children, decide what cereal is purchased. If I want to buy them Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes then I will. I don't know about the rest of you but I know when I was younger I didn't like to eat the "good" cereal either. If your child is obese it is only your fault, not the child's.

It's lazy parenting if you leave the "role model" stuff up to the athletes, singers and actors.

pinhead

Amazing accomplishment no doubt! Next get a deal with dentist, and go to college learn to use the English language.

This Black Chick Thinks Shia LaBouf Is Fine As Hell!!

Yep....I said it! Here, let me say it again: Michael Phelps is NOT a REAL athlete! Does that make me 'un-American' cuz I said that?? Doesn't really matter cuz there a lot of un-American things going on anyway. Not only is Phelps not a GREAT athlete, but he looks like he should be playing on the 'Special Olympics' team cuz he looks mentally slow. Im so tired of America putting a 10 on a 2; he is NOT that serious. BOLT deserves to be called a 'great athlete', not some skinny pale azz guy who just swims LAPS around a pool. Next month, no one will know OR care who 'Michael Phelps' was until the next summer olympics in 5+ years. So let him promote Frosted Flakes or Wheaties or whatever crappy cereal, cuz that's as good as the gravy train is going to get. His 5 minutes of fame will surely be up soon.

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Have at it

We have no idea what Michael was paid for promoting Frosted Flakes! Maybe he was paid less, but chose FF because he does not feel right promoting a cereal he does not like or eat.

As for role models, If you child chooses a role model by what he eats their parents need to teach them what a role model is.
Stop looking to Athletes and Celebs to be role models and teach your kids to look at people who are not celebs.

Figgynoz

The next summer Olympics is in 4 years moron.

This Black Chick Thinks Shia LaBouf Is Fine As Hell!!

4, 5, 10 years to the next olympics who will care about a skinny pale lap swimmer named Phelps

Sonianj@gmail.com

I prefer Frosted Flakes too! Wheaties suck!

mike g

he is not duing Frosted Flakes its corn flakes

Huh

What can we say the guy loves whats great... and he looks GGGGGGGREAT!!!!!!!!!!

koots_bc

do KIDS really need more sugar in their diet? If you eat your "frosted flakes" full of sugar you too can be in the Olympics.

LoL

He actually is a great role model.
BUT!!!

Back in 2004 he was arrested for DUI in Salisbury Md
and pleaded No contest.
He has grown above this!

You have not heard anything about this

dma69

I guarantee you that kids are not going to eat Wheaties. I did when I was a kid and it was god awful. You need tons of sugar to get one bite, it's that bland. Kids will be obese bceause they're not getting enough exercise, not because of Tony the Tiger. These nutrition "experts" are all hacks anyway.

sister_mary_rotten_crotch

Could be worse; It could be Kashi.

noitall

OKAY, WHAT DO OBAMA AND PHELPS HAVE IN COMMON?

THE ARE BOTH TIRED AND WE ARE OVER THEM!!! BORING.....NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!