Daniel Radcliffe -- He Who Must Not Be Bothered

8/21/2008 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Daniel Radcliffe must have had some kind of magic stick up his butt the other day in NYC -- because he snubbed a huge group of Potterheads outside the New York Times building. Even Will Smith stops for all his fans!

Might want to try that cloak of invisibility next time.

Illinois person

Gotten too big for his britches already? It figures, typical Hollywood syndrome - make me a star and I'll learn to snub you!

2071 days ago

Glenn

Why are you people so frigging vicious? What if the guy had somewhere to go? What law says a star has to sign 1,000 autographs just because there are people hanging outside his car? You guys are really mean-spirited, and your TV show is as well.

2071 days ago

InsectWarfare

I don't like Hairy Pothole. Someone should put him out of his misery.

2071 days ago

rayshahinc

It also should be noted that those guys with the glossy pictures for him to sign
were not real fans but autograph dealers. They exploit the goodwill of celebrities
for cash.

2071 days ago

Carrie

Isn't he from the UK.....'cause that would explain his snotty behavior.

2071 days ago

Ratty

After watching the clip, all I see is a man being harrassed by a group of paps and autograph hunters, with a few genuine fans thrown in. It also looked as if there were only 2 sercurity men with him (plus his father), so it would have been too dangerous to stop in the middle of that crowd.
I have witnessed a more organised autograph signing with Dan, at the stage door after Equus in London. It was safe, with barriers up so no one would get hurt in a mad crush, and Dan spent quite some time signing and chatting to people. Even the people there who aren't fans of Dans noticed and commented on how he treats everyone with genuine respect.

I suggest that the people at TMZ look up the word 'respect' in the dictionary.

2071 days ago

Beth

You know, it really is sad when an actor disses his fans. They are the ones who made him a celeb to begin with! I bet if he had another movie coming out, he would have stopped! What a crock!

2071 days ago

Chuck

He is a Brit, what do you expect?

2070 days ago

amiee

I am curious,Who is the blonde who ran out and jumped in the van with daniel at this event?????

2045 days ago

Caitlin

Did anyone else notice that he said, "I'm really sorry" to his fans? And it does look like he's being held back by his bodyguards.

2041 days ago

NY Girl

I saw Daniel a few weeks ago leaving his play in NY. He signed many autographs and took time for pictrues. It was his "body guard" that was pushing him to leave. He seemed like a very nice guy.

2039 days ago

kalypso921

I met Daniel Radcliffe this past weekend in New York after his Equus performance. Just as he did the night before, Daniel stopped to chat with his fans and sign autographs. Despite the intense security around him, Daniel was quite cordial with as many fans as he could get to before being directed to his car. I spoke with him and he presented himself as a very modest and kind individual.

Yes, all celebrities have fans who will wait numerous hours to catch a gimps of their favorite star or even get a personal photo, but that does not mean celebrities are required to pause for their fans on every occasion. He performs eight times a week, attends press junkets, and conducts interviews--give the guy a break.

2030 days ago

OrlandoInside

I saw him at the Grand Opening of the new Harry Potter theme park
He's very pale but his arms are bigger than I thought they would be.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2