TMZ Drinks

The 'Shawn Johnson'

Haterade

8/21/2008 7:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After getting hundreds of hate emails, phone calls, and rage-filled comments over the last 24 hours, we at TMZ finally took the hint -- not everybody found the Shawn Johnson/Topo Gigio comparison hilarious. Sure, we'll eat the crow you shoved down our throats -- but you gotta check out some of the messages we got in our "contact us" mailbox. We even got a letter from an official Team USA Gymnastics rep!

Launch emails
Yes, we got the message loud and clear, but make sure to click through to the final email -- the one that started this whole mess in the first place.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

Jessica should NEVER went to Nashville and try and impress herself .
she's making a FOOL OUT OF HERSELF . Country singers in NASHVILLE
doesn't want to deal with JESSICA'S DRAMA . Jessica is a drama Queen .

She's not a good singer , and Yes she's a clingy to any man she's
with . that's true too . Jessica's going to DRAG , AND MAKE COUNTRY
SINGERS LOOK BADLY , ONCE she goes down , she's going to bring
ALL country singers with her . It's going to be a matter of time , EVERYONE
will see this .

None of these country singers deserves this . JESSICA BROUGHT HOLLYWOOD
DRAMA WITH HER .................. MOST DRAMA QUEENS DOES THAT .

OTHER WORDS .....SHE WILL MAKE ALL COUNTRY SINGERS LOOK LIKE
THEY CAN'T SING AND THEY LOVE DRAMA TOO ................

chuck

falling of that high horse hurts...doesn't it!! I hope you guys at TMZ learned a good lesson here. I mean come on. What happened to pride?

Joshua Smith

TMZ: Don't f*ck with little Shawn Johnson.

-Josh

Jen

You get it I see but how about you send her a formal apology because I bet not everyone who works for you looks like a model. Why dont you all take a long hard look in the mirror and stop making fun of an innocent girl who has won Olympic medals and are doing something productive with their lives.

Shawns Biggest Fan

i LOVE shawn johnson, she is an amazing gymnast and is always smiling weather she wins or loses, which is incredible. She doesn't look like a rat AT ALL, and even if she did, come on, she has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be compared to a dirty little animal. Whoever put that up must have been a total bitch.

Just so TMZ knows, this is the last time im on the site.

Erika

My co-worker and I thought the comparison was hilarious. The rat actually looks more like a cute little mouse, rather than a filthy rat. I am surprised that people are sooooo sensitive. Whatever. Keep it up TMZ, I love you.

Eve

But still no apology... TMZ you are just plain BULLIES!!!!

Joshua Smith

Good point. TMZ Apologize!!! (or someone should kick your *ss...)

simpson lover!!

Are you kidding me?! Who cares what the hell a website says, it's a funny comparison, they do it to a lot of people. And the headline, clever wording!!! All of you who are personally offended are really wasting your time when you could be out there getting mad at someone else! What else do you expect from this site?!

I support TMZ!!!

Divashels

TMZ YOU SUCK THAT LAST LETTER YOU SAY STARTED IT LET ME SEE IF SOMEONE YOLD YOU TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE WOULD YOU DO IT ???? THEN DO IT ALREADY HARVEY THE LOSER AND THE REST OF YOUR ASS CLOWN POSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oandgoperations

I think the comparison was so funny! I think Shawn Johnson is so cute! She looks like a little mouse but in a cute way!

boo boo

I thought the picture comparison was funny. People need to relax - geez!

adam

wow. Some people have way to much time on their hands. Bitch about something else worth while. this kinda reminds me of that one dude/chick whining about britney on youtube. I got a chuckle out of the post, true the girl is an awesome athlete and hasnt done anything wrong, but it was a harmless article. and yes i saw the resemblance.

Pam

I think it was a wise idea to take it down. I think the person that posted it was not thinking. Shawn is amazing and if you were going to do a story on her it should be about what she has accomplished not trying to make fun of her. I talk to her quite a bit and she is the nicest person you will ever meet.

pebbles

Well if you really mean it you would apologize. I think some advertisers got mad here and forced you to do it. But still no apoligy. Same ole, same ole!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments