Da Brat -- Rum and Soap

8/22/2008 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Da Brat will go where a lot of rich white criminals don't -- prison...over rum.

She was just sentenced to three years for hitting a woman with a rum bottle last October. She'll get an additional seven years probation.

The victim -- a former Atlanta Falcons Cheerleader -- was hospitalized after the attack and permanently scarred.

Ms. Brat was convicted back in 2001 for misdemeanor reckless conduct.

Cool

TMZ Stop sturring up racits rants....she deserved to go to jail! if she behaves she will only do 1.5 years anyways.

i hate hollywood

convicted in 2001 and sentanced in 2008?????????? WTF IS WRONG WITH OUT COUNTRY. IT SHOULDNT TAKE & YEARS TO SEND SOME CRAPPY FEMALE "RAPPER" HAS BEEN TO JAIL FOR CRACKING SOMEONE OVER TE HEAD WITH A FRIGGIN RUM BOTTLE!

greg

On Surreal Life, Da Brat had the nerve to call Jane Wiedlin (of The Go-Gos) a has-been. Well, it's been a couple of years since that show ran, and Da Brat is *still* a never was. The Go-Gos sold millions of records and played all over the world. Anyone in the music business should respect what Jane and the Go-Gos accomplished. I don't know why I'm getting so mad. I'm not even a big Go-Gos fan. But I'd never even heard of Da Brat until that show. Maybe she'll have some time to think in jail.

Wunu

I support TMZ flogging the "race horse" if you will. Until the racecard issue fades out of the common response it is necessary. The more often and loudly it is thrust in our face we have to respond. I feel certain that minorities, if they operate daily in mixed race environments feel the gravity of their heritage everyday. I cannot imagine the hopelessness of being treated like you are less than, by people in your daily life, and also knowing that the system does not treat you fairly. I don't want to think about the race issue in this country every day. I don't have to if i don't want...... I'm white. I suspect that minorities are made to think about it everyday. (Correct me if I'm wrong) But I want equal justice in this country. Every time my white guilt makes me cringe in the face of a black person or other minority screaming that injustice was theirs because of their race, I will check myself and listen. Sometimes it might be a cop out, but I will listen because I know the cards are still stacked against minorities here. The signal that we have reached equality is the day the "racecard issue" is no longer heard because it is no longer the truth.

westvil1

the racism lies with this increasingly boorish and racist website. what do call "a place where rich whites don't go"? talk about inflammatory. if the implication were reversed there would be hell to pay for sure.
stick to commenting on has beens, such as yourselves, and cease with stirring the racial pot.

barry Gordy is genius

When rappers get into trouble with the law, THAT'S when you know the morale of our national fiber has reached an all-time low. Rappers are the epitome of model citizens. Especially Da Brat. Isn't she the sister of Lisa Raye, the one who just married the Prime Minister of Barbados? What a small world.

GO LAKERS.

LilMariposa

Ok, yeah what she did was wrong, but I do think it was kind of harsh, specially when you get all these people doing the same or worse and getting a lighter sentence. Like Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, & Lindsey Lohan. I mean I do believe in people getting punish no matter who they are, but to me if you going to be harsh in punishment, do the same for everyone...

dayna

Totally racist, or they arent telling the whole story. my dad is white, and had 2 previous felonies and recently hit 2 dudes with a chair at a casino- got assault with a deadly weapon. Thing is, he didnt have to go to jail at all! he got Anger Management classes and 6 mos of probation. what gives!?

Shay

Come on! Arrest her on attempted murder charges. That's a really screwed up thing to do to a human being. Lock her up and throw away the key.

Shay

Ya, this rascist question is IGNORANT! How does this have anything to do with race? Shameful that we have to watch the race card get played over and over and over and over.

me my self and i

i am happy the bitch got 3 years!!!! haha

charlie crist

you can easily kill someone braking a bottle of rum over their head. plus she's a repeat offender. is tmz insane?

Get Real!

Comment by, Wuwu @ 1:02pm...VERY WELL SAID!! I'll bet the majority of you who claim this is not "racist" are WHITE!!! It's too obvious...And also, no need for the name calling either...unnecessary!

COASTALELITE

Well to be fair to Da Brat this happened in suburban Atlanta. So she probably got a racist stare or comment from some white girl at the restaurant and had to put her in check. White southerners are garbage anyways.

Tony

Lock Da Bitch up and throw away the key.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments