Cops to Diddy: Freeze!

8/23/2008 9:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Diddy was introduced to the barrel of a gun early this morning.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ at around 3:00 AM, Puff Daddy, aka Diddy, aka Sean "Puffy" Combs, aka Sean Combs, was being driven by an entourage on the Sunset Strip. One of the cars didn't have proper tags and deputies from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department made the stop.

We're told the other three cars in the entourage stopped as well. It's Sheriff Dept. policy to call for backup when other cars linger at a traffic stop. Backup arrived and the driver of the second car became "extremely uncooperative," to the point he had to be detained. At that point, Diddy and the remaining five or six members of the entourage got out of their cars and began walking toward the detained member of their posse.

That's when one deputy drew his weapon, not knowing what the dudes were up to. We're told at the time the weapon was drawn, deputies did not know Diddy was part of the group.

Ultimately things became peaceful, the detained guy was let go and everyone lived happily ever after ... for the rest of the night. BTW, the guy who was stopped -- turns out he was in a rental car so he wasn't ticketed.

bill

2. Wow Racial profiling at it's best. Ass hole cops. Why don't they pull over some real criminals for a change? Nice cars and black occupants should not make them automatic potential crime suspects, no matter what time of day it is.

Posted at 9:39PM on Aug 23rd 2008 by jean

You have no clue what your talking about, 3.00AM ,They drew there weapons big deal,
Jean ,,stop blaming cops, They have it hard enough, You will run your useless mouth ,till you need them
Then you will change your worthless opinion.

amazed

#39 e-Coward-Hater,,,Well said. I wish I had enough computer savvy to make a copy of your comment, My printer is broken!

m.s.pollet,jr

WHEN IT INVOLVES A BLACK WHY DO WE ALWAYS HEAR ---RACISM.

Steve

Yeah its always about cops being racists, what about officer safety. multiple cars with tinted windows. Hmmm, I guess the cops are paided to know who is in the cars. Or maybe they should wait until the occupants of the cars get out and shoot them! Anyone with a bit of brains knows to stay in the car and not to approach police during a car stop, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!

John

What business is it of yours if people want to go out EVERY night of the week? That's their business and none of yours. Why don't you mind your own business and do what you think is best for you and your family. I'm so sick of these morally indignant hypocrites that think they have the right to tell people how to live and what to do.

me64250

So many of you cowards want to hear about police officers killing a Black man because "you don't like him" or "you're tired of hearing about him in the news". What pathetic and weak excuses for wanting a man killed. I guess that's okay because your kind finds reasons not to like someone because of the color of their skin. There's no god or devil, but there is Bush and your kind is sufferering just like the rest of us. Bend over and I'll drive!!!!

LA DAD

HAVING GROWN UP IN LA, THE SHERIFFS ALWAYS WILL PULL YOU OVER AT 3 AM. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR SKIN IS.

Just Cruzin Thru

To those of you wishing Diddy and his friends death...SHAME ON YOU! I find it troubling that in this day and age that some of you can act so childish...For those of you who say he should be home with his kids...You have no idea what the custody agreement is with Kim (his baby mama)! Quit speculating about this man! He is not in the media everyday...For the person who said he's only seen one picture of Diddy with his kids on TMZ...You need to find better things to do with your time!!!!

miley

the only time a cop is brave is when they are together,bunch of bums

JovansMom

I don't want to read the comments this time cuz it'll make me crazy I'm sure. Welcome to CA folks. I lived in that state most of my life. I was married to an African American when I was in my 20's (I'm 57 now). I remember being pulled over one night on a very dark road. When asked why we were pulled over the sheriff replied your tires are balding. Now you know and I know there was NO way they could see what kind of tires we had. They could, however, see that there was a black male in the car (when they pulled up next to us prior to stopping us). I saw the police act in ways that were amazing to me. We ran a hotel in Riverside (CA) and the way they would treat anyone of African American decent was amazing to me. While I understand the officers concern when people exited the cars, being worried about his safety. I can tell you they have an over blown sense of what danger there is when it comes to black males. I've heard this from officers in the Los Angeles PD personally. It's time they realize there are just as many IF NOT MORE dangerous young white men out there. Heck even in this small desert town I live in now, my son (who is an African American) was stopped when he was in 7th grade. He was riding home from school on his bicycle and was stopped by 2 undercover police officers saying he resembled a 29 year old man they were looking for. I saw a picture of this person and not only did my son NOT look like him, he wasn't even near this persons age, height or weight. Needless to say I went a little crazy over it and contacted everyone I could find or think of. I doubt he'll be stopped again soon.

JovansMom

jim

hey jean, in case you did't read the WHOLE article it was a reantal car they pulled over, and last time I checked you sit in the car until the officer tells you other wise. you don't make yourself a target so stupid people can call the cops stupid, his life is on the line, I would rather be called a racial profiler and go home to my wife and kids every night rather than NOT,but I don't think you have since enough to put yourself in the officers shoe.

nolibs

racial profiling is useful and liberal boohooing isn't gonna stop the necessity of it

Terri

Well I think that went well. I have traveled in a group before and had one get stopped and we all stopped. We stayed in our vehicles though and the police came up to all of us and we explained that we were traveling together and would wait till this was settled. Afterward, the explained every thing and we went on our way. I can see why Diddy got out of the car to see what was going on. And I understand the officer drawing his weapon. If he did not know P.Diddy he would be in a very threatening situation. I don't fault anyone. And all of you who wish P. Diddy got shot, shame on you. You don't have to like his music or even him though I don't think you know him enough to wish him good will or bad will. Your comments really make you looke kinda silly.

P. Diddy, glad it all turned out ok. Damn Rental Cars.

Dave

....If I'm a cop....and 5 (whatever number) dudes....no matter if they're ... white or black...get out of a car ...start walking up to me ....my gun will be in hand.... while calling for back-up....You can call that profiling or whatever you want....I call it smart ...and going home alive, that night. To bad P-Sh*tty didn't make the 'wrong' move, the young kids in this world don't need him.