« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Olympic Village -- More Sex than Woodstock

8/24/2008 11:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Guess this is what happens when chiseled, half-naked Olympic athletes hole-up together in one place.

Former Olympian Matthew Syed, who now works as a commentator, wrote for the Times of London, "This sex fest ... [happened] right here in Beijing. Olympic athletes have to display an unnatural ... level of self-discipline in the build-up to big competitions. How else is this going to manifest itself than with a volcanic release of pent-up hedonism?"

Syed said that winners "as geeky as Michael Phelps" were sought after by the female athletes, but that losers get their share as well.

Matthew says he "got laid more often in those two and a half weeks (at the Barcelona games in '92) than the rest of my life up to that point." And he was freakin' table tennis player!

Guess a little ping-pong goes a long way sometimes ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

js

this is old news. he talked about this earlier this week and PEREZ even posted it on his site.

Ann

YUCK. What a nasty image... those female US Olympians were mostly flat breasted giant she-males, while the men were goofy lanky and awkward. I guess even ugly people have sex.

Brian

I'm sure everyone was trying to hit the Chinese gymnastics team...even though me only 14, me so horny!

houndog

China - USA, Summer - Winter, it doesn't matter!!!! Being in Lake Placid in 1980, it was an orgy ALL THE TIME!!!

K.B

Lmao, maybe he got laid so many times because the other athletes were too busy competing in the real sports......gotta settle for that ping pong...

sapphire

i've heard of these. never would've thought it was true though.

skeptical at best

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly. But I think this is something that was covered during the '96 games. How huge jars of condoms were available everywhere to keep the STDs in check.

Black Teef

Anyone know if steriods make the womens' already nasty smelling vagina, smell nastier?

who dat

Once.

Karen

There is nothing geeky about Michael Phelps. And he's only going to get better with age. Plus...he's just a nice young guy.

Baseball Junkie

huh?, what makes you think that everyone shares your moral values? They've never been followed in most of the world and not even in the part of the world you live in until the reign of Queen Victoria. Most people understand that sex is a normal part of human relations and nothing to be ashamed of. Adultery is a different matter I agree but I think most of the athletes are single.

Democrats are evil

Right, all those Olympians running around with a smile on their face until they get that ugly boil on their wee wee that stays with them until the end of time. From Russia with "Love"

GEB

Oh great now the media is reporting this. I thought I was the only one who knew about this. Oh well, I first learned about this from a guy at my gym who was acutally with the 1996 team as like a team assistant in Barcelona, oye now i guess everyone knows.

MadonnaFan

Geeky Michael Phelps. boy please I bet he is just mad Phelps didn't wanna hit that mess he pushin HATER !! I'm quite sure any man or woman would give Michael Phelps some given the chance.

Tony

I'd do Phelps in a heartbeat. Let me at that long torso and those sweet size 14 feet.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments