Einhorn is Finkle?! Finkle is Einhorn!?!

8/25/2008 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Either Marcia Cross really had to go yesterday ... or someone's got one hell of a secret!

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Yeah they suspended the game and You were absolutely right! The field conditions were bad and if they delayed the game before the Rays tied it it would have been a Phillies win and that would have been weird to win the World Series on a rain delay. So we shall see when the game resumes.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, but Selig's decision to finish the game today and eliminate the travel day was a bad one. It would have been better to take the travel day, head down to Tampa and play the other two games. This game might not end up being important if the Phillies win in Tampa and if the Rays win both games down there, this suspended game would be the 7th. As it is, playing out the game tonight is the worst of both worlds.

Go Sox
Go Revs
Go Pats
Go Celtics
Go Bruins
Go Arsenal

Jack

Hey Baseball Junkie~ You are 100% right because of course tonights game wasnt going to be played due to the inclement weather so why delay the series and just play the 2 games at Tampa and get back to the suspended game if necessary. It is totally ridiculous to hold up the series and then "see" if they can get the game in Wednesday night. Now I heard a chance of rain Wednesday night also. Hey this is the Northeast and the weather doesnt always cooperate! Just watching your Celtics right now and did root for them in the finals. They have a great team.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, I am excited about the Celtics win. If they can just keep this up for the rest of the season we'll be looking at a repeat.
Football's looking good also. Of course we're going to have to get past the Titans but they may fold later in the season.
As far as hockey is concerned, the Bruins aren't looking so good but the season's barely started so I'm not going to write them off yet. Do you follow hockey? You have a choice of several teams down your way so I didn't want to make any assumptions. For that matter, I was just assuming you followed the Knicks but you could prefer the Nets.
My English soccer team is also doing well. Three positions above our rivals, Manchester United (not so affectionately known as Manure to Gunners fans) but with one more game played so it's still anybody's game.
I'm going to have to check the Gaelic Football standings (don't feel like doing it just now) to see how my team is doing there. I'm following Tyrone in that league.
I'm sorry for you that the Phillies won the World Series but I think you can understand why I wanted them to win just as I understand why you wanted the Rays to win. Neither one of us wanted our division rivals to take it all. Oh well, there's always next year. We said that for 86 years so we're kinda used to it.

Go Sox
Go Revs
Go Pats
Go Celtics
Go Bruins
Go Arsenal
Go Tyrone

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ No I dont follow Hockey at all but will catch the Stanley Cup if the Rangers or Islanders are in it. Dont know too much about Soccer either. As far as Basketball I like the NY Knicks and also like the Phoenix Suns. I am a big fan of Steve Nash and Mike D'Antoni who used to be the Suns coach and ironically is now the Knicks coach. I really wasnt too disappointed about the World Series because I dont really like either team and just feel that the Rays were really "flat" in the series and did not have the offense they had throughout the season.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, I used to follow hockey but stopped when it became "boxing on ice". They seem to have fixed that a bit so I'll try again.
MLS (US Major League Soccer) isn't as impressive as it is in other countries but it's getting better. In Seattle, it has become the second biggest draw in professional sports. It's biggest asset as a game is the fast pace and that you can enjoy it without knowing many rules.
I agree that the Rays offense was missing from all but one game in the WS. It would have been a closer horse race if they'd had decent bats. But at this point I have to repeat. Wait till next year. Next year it will be the Red Sox and the Mets competing again in the World Series and this time we're going to win.
I've decided that this year I'm going to follow as many sports as I can. Mostly because I want to have knowledgable conversations with my friends who are interested in them. I know baseball but I don't know much about the other sports so I intend to learn. On my facebook profile I describe myself as an info-junkie. Baseball my be my first love but don't let me get started on history (US or world) political or any other type. You'll start getting essays.
Did you see the list of players filing as free agents on MLB.com? Some will resign with their current clubs but it will be interesting to see who doesn't and where they end up.

Go Sox
Go Revs
Go Pats
Go Celtics
Go Bruins
Go Arsenal
Go Tyrone

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ been trying to post on TMZ for a couple of days and it wont go through to my E mail. Yes I did see the free agent list and saw Varitek on it. Isnt he the captain of the Sox? Do you have any idea if he is going to stay? I am so happy the Giants kicked the Cowboys butt today! I am watching the Pats and the Colts now in a close game at halftime. I also saw Bobby Abreu on the list. He would be a great addition to any team but I am sure the Yankees will sign him again if not they are foolish.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, this is going to have to be short because I need to get some sleep. Watching election returns but I've got a cold so I need to get more sleep.
The short version is, I don't think there's any way that 'Tek leaves Boston. He likes it here. He is respected here by management as well as the fans and I think that management will pay him just about anything he asks for. They may even give him the no-trade clause he asked for last time. They offered to make him captain because there was a clause in Manny's contract that if anybody else got a no-trade clause, so did he. Manny's gone so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
The first time I started this comment I included a lot more about other potential trades as well as several other sports but I don't have the energy now. Maybe next time.

Go Sox
Go Revs
Go Pats
Go Celtics
Go Bruins
Go Arsenal
Go Tyrone

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Sorry you are feeling under the weather. I also had a long detailed post that I have been trying to send you but TMZ has not been cooperating lately. So I made a quick summary on the subjects I wanted to discuss. I am not really into politics and the election but I do see many boards on TMZ with nasty and racist posts. Thats why I stick to Sports Topics and conversations

Baseball Junkie

Jack, TMZ has gotten so lame I haven't bothered to post on any items
except this one and as you can see I'm not coming here very often.
I'm spending all my time on Facebook these days. If you ever decide
to go on facebook, let me know here and we can figure out to reach
each other. I've been having fun watching the Celtics lately. Nothing
like having a team on a winning streak.

Go Sox
Go Revs
Go Pats
Go Celtics
Go Bruins
Go Arsenal
Go Tyrone

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Actually I heard on the news that Facebook is not a safe site and can result in viruses.and identity theft! I will stick to TMZ for now but will give you one of my e mail accounts if you want to keep in touch during the Baseball season ...Just let me know!

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Although I would never post my main e-mail account. This is a secondary one that I also use. I am not on the computer that much usually just a few hours at night. So if you would like to keep in touch my e-mail is at the bottom where my name should be. I know some people are skeptical about others on the internet but I in fact have met many friends and we e mail each other often sometimes everyday! I agree that TMZ is getting lame but still entertaining sometimes. I have been following the Celtics too being that the Knicks are in second place which is scary because they usually stink every year.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13