Einhorn is Finkle?! Finkle is Einhorn!?!

8/25/2008 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Either Marcia Cross really had to go yesterday ... or someone's got one hell of a secret!

Baseball Junkie

Jack, not sure if you're still checking this item. I've been away for a few days delivering my daughter to college for her fist year.
Today was a great game for us and since the Yankees beat Tampa this is one time I'll cheer for the Yanks. I see you won in extra innings. At least you bullpen didn't let you down this time. The Phillies also won but that still leaves you ahead in the standings.

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ yes I do check this item at least once a day. Not too many people on these boards like to talk Baseball. Congrats tonight on a big win. We are still scratching away holding our own for now. Hoping we can keep up this pace for the whole month. Yankees had an intersting win yesterday against Detriot. They almost blew it and now they seem a little fired up against Tampa. Should be an interesting September for all! I saw that Joba came back tonight in relief and did well. But I tell you the Brewers are a tough team and I am glad we beat them tonight!

Baseball Junkie

The standings are interesting right now. If you check the expanded standings on MLB.com, the only division that is almost certainly decided is the American League West. All the others have elimination numbers that are nearly equal to the number of games left in the season. I think a lot of these races are going to be decided until the last week of the season. Makes for exciting baseball, doesn't it?
I agree the Brewers are a hard team to beat. But you did it,
The next week should be interesting. We're playing Texas who have no pitching to speak of although they have a very good offense. Tampa will be playing Toronto whose offense isn't all the good but their pitching is lights out. And the Yankees are going to be playing Seattle. I don't think they have pitching or hitting. So Tampa will be playing a difficult series, we'll likely win ours and the Yankees will almost certainly win theirs.
On the other hand I see you'll be playing the Phillies again. The fact that they've been losing to the Nationals either means that the Nats are going to be spoilers this year or the Phillies are starting to fall apart. Hopefully it's the latter.

Go Sox

Baseball Junkie

Jack, I see you won again today as did we. Now if the Yankees can hold on against the Rays my happiness will be complete. Well not really but it sounds good. Unfortunately for you, the Phillies also won but since they haven't gained ground it doesn't really matter.

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Yes we kicked butt today. I listened to the game on the radio at work! Nice to see the Sox had a good comeback after being down 4-0. Well the Yankees seem to be on a roll right now. Still not convinced they have a chance but they did use the instant replay on A-Rods homer which I found amusing. So nobody is out of the woods yet! All we have to do is keep winning same as the Sox. If Tampa goes on a major losing streak you guys get the division!

Baseball Junkie

Jack, I'm hoping that the Yankees can beat the Rays again tomorrow. We take on the Rangers staring Friday and it seems like our offense is on a roll. If it continues we'll beat the Rangers and hopefully gain more ground on the Rays. Right now, all the divisions except AL West have elimination numbers of approx 20 which is about the number of games left in the season. I think you're right that no division is close enough to call yet although the Angels would have to completely fall apart if the Rangers were to take that division. I wonder if Chicago and Minnesota are going to continue to seesaw back and forth. All in all this season is still interesting, unless you're a fan of the Mariners, Nationals, Reds or Pirates. And even they have a chance to be spoilers. Isn't life grand?

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Well we were both off tonight which was good timing because I had to watch my NY Football Giants! Thank god they won, I see the Yanks almost made a run for it in the 9th but Tampa held on. Oh well. The Phillies were also off tonight so all quiet for now. Yes I agree the next 3 weeks will definately be interesting. BTW do you also follow Football? I also noticed that someone is still posting nasty comments with my name on the current boards. I saw one on the Jamie Lynne item. Just to let you know its not me. I am going to check out the current standings now on ESPN.COM. Will check this item one more time before going to bed.

Baseball Junkie

No, I'm not much of a football fan although it's impossible to ignore the Pats when they're playing. I follow soccer instead. Our MLS team, the Revolution have been doing well this year although we just got knocked out of the Concacaf Premiere contest this past Tuesday and we were only able to tie the LA Galaxy when they were here last Saturday, which dropped us into second place in our division. Then again, playing two games in four days could have something to do with our loss on Tuesday.
Those pesky Yankees let us down again. Didn't they know they were supposed to sweep Tampa. Well, I just have to hope that the Jays' Wells will hit more than a few dingers off Tampa's pitchers over the weekend. Good luck with Philadelphia this weekend.

Go Sox

Baseball Junkie

Jack, I'm sorry your Mets didn't have as much good luck today as we did. On the other hand, we are still behind in our division and you're ahead in yours. And it was a close game against a good team so it's not as if you couldn't have won with a bit more luck. If we hadn't beaten the Rangers, it would have been a very bad sign. I doubt we can depend on the Jays to do our work for us but if we can sweep the Rangers we'll be very close when the Rays come to Fenway next week.

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Yeah i was a little annoyed with our lack of offense last night. We are dealing with Tropical Storm Hanna now so we got rained out. Texas is beating up on you guys so far tonight. Yankees just started on the West Coast. Dont know who the Rays are playing. Will have to check ESPN.com. Well hope you guys have a rally left but last I looked it was like 13-4. We definately need to win the next 2 games in the series.

Jack

Ok my bad. Tampa already lost so even if you guys dont come back no harm. But it is getting to be that time of the year when you want to win every game. We have a doubleheader tomorrow and plus it is the Opening weekend for the NFL. I am kind of bummed I will be watching 2 games instead of one.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, Yeah, Hanna is supposed to hit us tomorrow although we've been getting some heavy rains off and on. Tampa lost to Toronto today but it's not helping us any. As you've seen by now, we rallied but not soon enough. And our pitching was way off tonight. Wakefield melted down so early and the bullpen couldn't even keep it close enough for the offense to get close. Our radio guys said that this was Wakefield's shortest outing since he was with the Pirates.which was 15 years ago. Oh well, better luck tomorrow. I hope you win both ends of your double-header but I wouldn't be surprised if it was rained out too.

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Tell me about it! We have been getting pounded with rain all night. We already got 5+ inches. Seems to be letting up a bit now. But still have 45 MPH wind. So we will probably get our Doubleheader in..... The rain is in your area right now. Dont know how long it will last for you. Lets hope we dont lose power along the way! Cant live without my Baseball! Watching the Yanks right now and they are up 7-3.

Baseball Junkie

Jack, Yeah, at this point I'm not too worried about the Yankees. They could put together a streak that would cause trouble but it's unlikely. We still need to catch Tampa. They may be fading while our bats are getting stronger but I'm not going to count on it.
Can't argue about power. We live in one of the parts of the city that got power and water fairly early and haven't had it upgraded in years. Sometimes we get enough rain or snow that it runs down and shorts out the transformers. During that major ice storm on Valentine's day, 2007 we were out of power for more than two days. Every time they tried to fix it they found that there was more wrong than they had realized. They brought in a generator to give us power until they had fixed everything and it blew out because they hadn't taken into account how many people live in the neighborhood. And, of course, we had no heat because the furnace had electric ignition. Got pretty cold in here.
I don't have to worry as much about power messing up my ability to hear the games because we have XM. It won't give me my announcers but at least I'll hear the game. We're driving our daughter back to college tomorrow, she came home for a friend's party, in the rain. I hope it doesn't get too bad here. Don't want the car blown off the road.

Go Sox

Jack

Baseball Junkie~ Well i agree you dont have to worry about the Yankees. They are just not playing well and could never catch up at this point. We split today and I cant say I am too happy. Pedro did not pitch well in the first game but we managed to bounce back in the second. I see you guys won and Tampa lost. Thats good news for you. Cant believe that Tom Brady might be out for the year. But then again you dont follow Football! Hope you didnt get major flooding today. The storm passed and we wound up having a gorgeous day.