« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mr. T

Snickers At the Whole Homophobic Thing

8/25/2008 1:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mr. T...a fan of race walking in the Olympics...not that there's anything wrong with it.

Watch T do damage control after taking heat for appearing in a race walking-centric, arguably homophobic Snickers ad.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cam

I think it makes HRC look stupid to claim those ads were homophobic. The people speed walking look ridiculous, so HRC's claim makes it look like THEY think gay people look and act that way. The ad never referenced homosexuality, merely said they were going to take the walkers "MAN CARD" away. If it was offensive to anybody I suppose it would be offensive to women by saying that since the guy was looking ridiculous he wasn't a man. Then again, I suppose HRC needs to do SOMETHING to stay relevent since they were origionally opposed to supporting gay marraige and instead wanted to concentrate on ENDA and hate crimes. Well guess what HRC, grass roots organizations got marraige passed and you're still having your fancy lobbyist lunches in DC and for ten years haven't been able to get ANY of your adgenda passed. So Again, I guess you need to blast commercials to pretend you are still relevant.

2064 days ago

Jar Jar

Mr. T!!! He is a fighting machine!!!

2064 days ago

Slipstream

Mr. T is the man and pulling the ad is stupid! I mean what year do we live in, last time I checked it was 2008 for pity sake.
I just downloaded Mr. T’s voice from Navtones.com for my GPS and I love it. But my question is, am I meant to get offended every time I make a wrong turn and he calls me a fool or something? On that note, I also got Kim Cattrall from Navtones, can I claim she is sexually harassing me when she says, “Lets just pull over and get in the backseat, that’s bigger enough for us two, or maybe three”?
The Snickers ad is just an ad and with them pulling it, it’s probably getting more attention than it would have if it just came out. (Pun)
“Get Some Nuts.”

2064 days ago

Biff

The Guys wearing a Shirt with Himself on it, Talk about an EGO.

2064 days ago

sancho101

Leave Mr. T alone. He's just try'n to earn a liv'n. Give a black man a chance. Speed walking homo's. Ha. Ha. Quit your jiba jaba!!

2063 days ago

steelrizzy

i saw the ad and it was too funny... speed walking is as much a sport as channel surfing... go get em MR.T

pity dem fools