Bucky Covington is Huge ... Somewhere

8/26/2008 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bucky Covington's fan base is so big, an Illinois festival is moving mountains to accommodate him.

Ok, so we're talking about the Grundy County Corn Festival, and it's a move from downtown to where the old high school was. But the Fest's entertainment director tells us they had to petition the town council to use the new space. They haven't gotten a yea or nay.

If they get the nix, the 5,000 Buckymaniacs they're expecting will have to squeeze into a space for only 2,000, and you know how people get when they can't get their Bucky.

We're told B's the biggest artist the Corn Festival's ever seen. Filling the rest of the bill -- Slippery When Wet (Jovi cover band) and ... dueling pianos.

judge

ALL press is good press!! Even nasty rumors make people click and drive traffic to your site. WEll it helps Bucky also. Thanks so much for mentioning Bucky Covington! I am sure this will be the most commented article the TMZ will see today! The more clicks and comments it gets the more interest there will be! That will help Bucky's career even more. For those who have not heard of him...they will now!

Bell

Honestly it looks like you have to much free time. Have you ever thought if you don't like his music then just move on? Anyway not that you rate a comment but Bucky is an amazing performer. With a ton of talent, I have never met a sweeter artist anywhere.

Lucy

I just saw him do a commercial on television yesterday on ABC for One Life to Live .

Ned

Actually I have seen Bucky too and NO HE DOES NOT PLAY GUITAR!!.....He fakes it ...

A devoted Bucky Fan

He was in Hillsboro, Ohio on July 5th, so it must have been the 3rd. I don't know for sure where he was on that day! But you can bet it was a great show, wherever he was!!

MG

Bucky is a big star and will getting more much famous!! We love u brother and people hate stars like us we are

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A devoted Bucky Fan

No!! You are wrong!!! He does play guitar, because I saw him at a jam session and he was playing his acoustic guitar, with no one else playing, so it had to be him playing it!! Where did you get your information??? It's dead wrong!!

Carolina Girl

Hey Hey....Bucky is big right here in Eastern North Carolina too! He was right here at the Winterville Watermelon Festival and had the biggest crowd I have ever seen.....really. I am not kidding. Very sad.

hot snot

Bucky has fans! I don't know if his fake guitar playing or the fact he has fans is more hilarious!!!!

jeffrey

Ok, let us all remember now and forever that the ones who stereotype are the true idiots.

Kat

I love Bucky! He is big here in Burgaw, North Carolina. :)

peter

Who is Bucky Covington?

Kgator

You know what? I really don't care what nasty things you little mean people post because all that matters is that I and a lot of other people enjoy Bucky and appreciate his talent. Nothing that you all say or lie about will change our minds.

tlynn

Bucky Covington is huge in his own mind. Not another AI reject, trying to pimp himself again. Is Kelly Pickler his neighbor? Ya'll had your 15 minutes, let it go!!! Cornfields and hillerbilly's at the Watermelon Festival! Good thing no blacks rolled through town during this "ho down", it be a night of lynchings for sure!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devoted to Bucky

Thank you all for your opinions, as a patriotic American I respect your comments. Not saying I agree with them. But, leaving freedom of speech aside, all Ive seen here from the HATERS of Bucky are LIES. Bucky is an amazingly talented singer and entertainer. Yes, he plays the guitar. Yes he sings most of the songs on his CD every show. As far as the covers, those are songs that the Buckaneers LOVE. We look forward to him singing those songs, even better than the origional artist in most cases. I have seen him twice in the last two weeks and loved every moment of the shows. Cant wait till I see him again next week. As a SUPPORTER of Bucky I refuse to even dignify the stabs at his personal life with a return comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments