Mackenzie Phillips

Busted

8/27/2008 2:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mackenzie Phillips has been busted at LAX for allegedly possessing heroin and cocaine. She's in custody right now.

At 10:00 AM, officers responded to Terminal 4, where 48-year-old Phillips was being screened by TSA. During the screening process, some baggies and balloons believed to contain heroin and cocaine were recovered.

The former "One Day at a Time" star has had a long history of drug abuse.

celeb mugs - click to launch

bree

i need to clear something up. addiction is ABSOLUTELY a disease. it's easy to say it's not a disease when you don't have it. and it's also easy to say it's not a disease if you don't read any scientific information about it. our brains are different than normal people's brains. really kid you think your brother begs, borrows, and steals because he WANTS to? you're out of your mind. he doesn't have a choice, we don't when we're using. this is a terrible thing to say, but i almost wish you get hooked on dope just so you can know what it feels like to have every brain cell in your head telling you not to stick that needle in your arm and every bone in your body telling you that you HAVE TO. and then tell me it's not a disease.

it can be arrested, as mine is, but it cannot be cured. i guess mackenzie wasn't ready.

LOIS

Why would she take drugs on aplane when she knows better.?
Anyone knows better.
MAYBE SHE WANTED TO GET CAUGHT.
She knew what could happen if she did this.
I feel bad for her now but how could she not care?

This is a terrible thing.
She has a son to face now.

ellen

I worked with her 10 years ago and she was sober, looking after her son, had a part on a series. But seeing her in Feb. on the Today Show for a cast reunite of One Day at a Time was heartbreaking, She was higher than a kite. Poor Mac.

merv

Her show was oneof the worst on TV.

I remember they fired her for drug use and then re-hired her after rehab.

I hope she gets straight!

70'sleftovergal

I had hoped she had overcome-never give the quest to find the clean and sober life. Best of Luck !!

Victoria

DANG! She was doing so well.........DON'T LOSE HOPE MAC!!!! GET HELP!!!

Memememe

Cry for help/wants to be caught. No other reason someone would try to smuggle coke or heroin onto a plane in their carry-on luggage.

LOIS

MACKENZIE HAD EVERYTHING ..HOWEVER ...HER FATHER JOHN PHILLIP'S OF THE MAMA'S AND PAPA'S FIRST GAVE HER DRUGS WHEN SHE WAS VERY YOUNG. THEY GOT HIGH TOGETHER. SHE IS AASO THE SISTER OF BIJOU PHILLIP'S.SHE HAD A CAREER.
I THINK SHE IS VERY TALENTED AND SEEMS LIKE STILL LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO FULFILL HER LIFE.
MAYBE JUST NEEDS LOVE.
WELL...WHO DOESN'T.?

Ace

Tis is sad to hear! We all make mistakes and its a hard road to come back from! It seems to me that people do better with positive
encouragement than they do with negative so Mackenzie if by chance you read this I wish you well and the inner strength to overcome remembering that each day is a new start to the rest of your life and that if you set your heart and mind to it you will come out on top! To everyone else that reads this remember it could be you or someone you Love in this situation try to cut them just a little slack!

DenaryTen

Aww, Mackenzie, I'm so sorry. Hang in there girl, smack is tough, but you can do it. And Jean Summers, I don't think it was Bonnie that started her. I've seen her bio, and I doubt that.........check out who her parents were, and what the lifestyle she was raised in!

RAISE_THE_BANNER

Mackenzie Phillips is a hag,she's washed up--that's why she takes drugs and gets caught with them.She gets back in the public eye once more --this is the most publicity that she had since One Day At A Time. I'm JUST praying that Schneider the super didn't use Mackenzie as a Drug mule taking the stash to Bonnie Franklin to sell.

BobbyTheSuperboy

I think this probably all started when she screwed Mick Jagger when she was like twelve. Nice.

Turbo

"ONE DAY AT A TIME" WILL TAKE ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING AFTER THIS BUST!

ME

SHE'S BEEN AN ADDICT FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME. SHOULD BE DEAD BY NOW.

Godlikefeatures

You should always put the drugs up your butt before flight