The Ultimate Mayer Hoax?

8/27/2008 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe Jen Aniston and John Mayer are pulling the ultimate prank.

Sure John blabbed all about his breakup with Jen to our cameras, but what if it was all a clever ruse.

How else do you explain the ring Jen was sporting last night at Madeo?

Carrie

Jen's hands are really nasty!!!!

Unbelievable

It looks like an opal to me. Duh this is the dumbest story ever, TMZ

Kate

Normal ring, on normal finger.

TMZ, shutup

aloha

And wouldn't this be just f***ing awesome? And since it involves John Mayer I might consider it to be true. He knows how to play the media.

auramac

Maybe she's engaged to herself- heck, I don't blame her!

Imjustsayin

I like Jen but her hands are that way from smoking. Anyone in the medical field will tell you that it causes the veins to get like that.

Seattlelite

If that is supposed to be an engagement ring, she got gypped.

Betty

She has a lot of money - she probably has a lot of jewelry. That doesn't even look like a diamond - and even if it did, who cares? I think she'd be more upset with the unflattering camera angle than speculation over her jewelry.

Romper

I know why she is wearing a ring!! She is trying to smuggle a little galaxy in it! There have been rumors for the longest time that she has connection with evil mongrels from the planet of Droxl. Now we have a proof! She is doing thier dirty work. I mean, just look at the way she stares?! You can clearly see that she is getting "the signal". And she is deliberately posing for this photo to get us all off the scent, but we know what she is up to! I mean, who in their normal mind would wear a ring?? On their finger?!?! Which is on their hand?!? Unheard of. It is all a part of big conspiracy, but we are on it. Stay tuned! I say next time we see her, she will most probably be carrying a bag! Than, the world is not sure to see another sun rise!

patricia maclean

Old lady hand!

PolarBear

She's looking pretty hot for a crash landing breakup woman. Probably left the Metro Museum and went directly to Jamaica!

Rockmelon

Uh.....it's a ring. Just a ring.

So you wanted to write about Jennifer Aniston and this is all you could come up with? hmmmmm.....

mel

can't people in general accesorize with jewelry on their ring finger?

aloha

TMZ, this is a good one. I hope it turns out to be true.

TJ

Why can't Jennifer Aniston keep a guy? Aside from the Crypt-Keeper hands, she seems to have it all. Looks, money. Is she just a complete trainwreck ?