"Top Chef" Villain Cooked for DUI

8/27/2008 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Knives out: The most-hated bad boy in the history of reality cooking shows just spent some time in the cooler for allegedly consuming a little too much of the good stuff.

Marcel Vigneron -- the runner-up in "Top Chef" season two -- was pinched early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI off the PCH in Laguna Beach. Marcel was initially stopped for speeding, but after showing signs of intoxication he was given a blood test and was taken into custody. Bail was set at $2,500.

Man loves his craft: Even after spending a night in the slammer, he went straight to a cooking demo in O.C. No, the popo didn't Ginsu his license -- he still can drive despite the DUI.

Yeddy-Bo

Leave the "Drunk Bastard" alone!!!! He got a few Quid in his snatch,and off he went!
Give this bloke a pound or two and I'll be certain to dim the lights!!!
I should write for this web site!!!!!

sabrina

I feel sorry for this dude. He has problems obviously.

Niles Crane

Poor Marcel. Never would have known. I saw him do the cooking demo that day in Laguna. He was incredible. Can't believe how funny, well prepared and HOT he was after a night like that.

Boston Kate

I, also, am a fan of Marcel. I so hated that Ilan won; he WAS a douche. The less-talendted chefs always seem to act threatened by someone who is a little full of himself, even when that person has the talent to back it up; actually, especially when they have the talent to back it up. They're all cutthroat inside, we just don't get to see it in all of them. Oh, well, Marcel was the best, but the judge chose Ilan. Marcel, just keep cookin'!

arte help

WHO???? CARES????

tmajic

did he think he was the "Wolverine from X-men " Last time I looked he did nit have built in knives

tmajic

I ment not sorry about nit but nitwit will suffice

erik

hahahahha - serves him right!

T.R.

I went to culinary school with Marcel and we drank together. He's not a heavy drinker! I was always the one pouring more beer into his glass! His DUI is probably something barely over the legal limit.

Aileen

Marcel is one of the most interesting, creative & talented chefs in TOP CHEF history. If one watches the finale of Season 2, the judges rate each of Marcel's courses as superior to Ilan and then they announced Ilan as the winner. Marcel was robbed & no one's heard of Ilan again. However, that being said, my brother was seriously hurt for life by a drunk driver so I hope Marcel will never again drink & drive for his sake and the welfare of others.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2