Mackenzie Phillips Bailed Out: Take Two

8/28/2008 5:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Bijou Phillips, Mackenzie Phillips' half-Scientolosister, showed up to the jail in Van Nuys this afternoon to post her sister's $10,000 bail. As we first reported, Bijou tried to do that yesterday but Mac was having none of it -- telling Bijou she preferred staying behind bars.

Guess a night in the pokey changed her mind.

guess who

TO NO 6:

MILK BLOOD TO KEEP FROM RUNNING OUT.

YIKES!

Alicia

IT'S JUST VERY SAD...I THOUGHT SHE WAS CLEAN. SHE MUST BE PRETTY MESSED UP TO THINK SHE COULD SNEAK ALL THAT STUFF ONTO A PLANE....ESPECIALLY THE SYRINGES. THAT'S PROBABLY WHY THEY ASKED HER IF SHE WAS A DIABETIC. I REMEMBER HER ON "ONE DAY AT A TIME" AND SHE HAD THE WORLD IN HER HANDS, BUT HER FAMILY IS FULL OF DRUG ADDICTS SO IT'S REALLY NOT A SURPRISE. I HOPE SHE CAN GET HELP AND STAY CLEAN. SHE LOOKS LIKE DEATH WARMED OVER.

Stephen

IBig deal she was carrying a little Coke and Smack... other than herself who is she really hurting???

jkku36

like the rest of us she needs to take it "ONE DAY AT A TIME"

mousetrap

I am surprised she relapsed. I really thought she made it out. There is one and only one way to completely and permanentely recover from addiction and that is a swift, complete, and permanent cessesation from use. And it will only work if you SINCERELY NO LONGER WANT TO USE, AND SINCERELY ARE TIRED OF IF AND SINCERELY WANT TO QUIT. Well over 90% of addicts turn back to using because their orignal reasons for attempting a clean life were insensere: "Well, I know it is best for me." "Well, it will make my family happy and proud." "Well, it is just the right and good thing to do." Etc., etc. That won't cut it, and rehab won't either. In the vast majority of cases, the only successful ones are those who honestly and truely no longer want to use. And you don't need a rehab or intervention to get you to stop doing something you honestly and truely no longer want to do. The only exception is extreme physical alcohol addiction that detoxing from needs to be monitored by a physican, even if it is out-patient. I was a herion addict and extreme alcoholic for over 15 years. I go so disenchanted and sick and tired of it and turned off by it, I went to bed for one week solid, only getting up to releive my bladder and bowels. Once I got all the crap out of my system, I joined the Land of the Living, and started living again. That was 10 years ago, and haven't touched an illegal drug, or mind altering perscription drug, since then. Only the occassional glass of wine or beer. Once you are an addict, you are not always an addicts. It can be overcome, and permanently overcome, if you truely no longer want to participate in imbiding in those substances.

getting irritated

Too bad some people get a kick out of making nasty comments about her. She really had her life back on track......for many years, too. Relapse is hell. She probably wanted to stay in jail last night because she knew she couldn't trust herself. Hopefully today they had a plan to take her to a rehab facility.

To the first or second comment that said she was given so much and "look what she did to herself," what a ridiculous comment. She was raised in an environment rife with addiction. Fame and fortune do not insulate people from addictive behavior.

Good luck to her in her challenges.

omggggggggggg2

i remember watching a bio on her and how she was happy to be clean and sober and loved her son and everything seemed to be going well for her. she described her childhood, her father's addiction, her loss of virginity to Mick, i really really REALLy hope she get's better. She did once b4 and i'm sure she will have the strength to get thru it again!
good luck ... we are wishing you well Mackenzie

zanna

I think it is vary sad that she has done this to herself. I wish her the best and hope that this does not effect her son to badly.

omggggggggggg2

p.s. and to those of you saying she is a nobody because the paparazzi don't follow her around...well did you ever think she isn't a fame hungry wannabe star that hangs out at STk or the IVY or strolls down Robertson like the other twits that know there will be papz, or even worse...be like Lindsay and Speidi and the rest of desperate young hollywood who call the papper's up and tip them off as to where they'll be...get a clue!

juscus

reports said she was broke....but she still had the good stuff, is she a mule....shes probably high ..now

janet

you can see the only reason she needed out was she needs a fix. She should have stayed in got sick to get better. Bad sister for baling her out. You know she's already high again.

Big Bear

She needs to do everyone a favor and overdose. Weak people become addicted and she appears to be weak.

ME

LOOKS LIKE COMING DOWN OFF HEROIN IS HELL.

angel46

At least she has someone to bail her out. Most folks sit in jail a LONG TIME and no is there with the $$$ to bail them out. It's very sad.

WARDMAN3

I personally feel bad for her. We all make choices in life, some good or some bad. I am not making any excuses for Mackenzie Phillips by any stretch, but she grew up in a distorted household. She had a nonstop partying father who didn't seem to care about what her and her brother did, nor did her own mom. It seems like Michelle Phillips was one of the few who tried to at least intervene on some level. Michelle Phillips also seemed to raise her own daughter,Chynna without incidence knowing to leave John Phillips. We do not walk in her shoes but from what I have seen about her over the past 10- 15 years, she really seemed to try to make something of her abuse and get her life on track.. It obviously seems like a never ever battle fror some and I find it sad. I don't find sport in wishing anyone ill will, i.e Amy Winehouse etc. People's comments can be so heartless. I don't why people find happiness in people's downfall.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments