McCain's VP

Miss Alaska Loser

8/29/2008 12:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Before she was named McCain's Vice Presidential nominee today, no one except for the seven people who live in Alaska ever heard of Gov. Sarah Palin -- or that she came in second place at the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant.

Sarah Palin
Palin did win Miss Wasilla and the coveted Miss Congeniality award. So who cares what her
economic plan is?

V.P. Nominee was once Miss Wasilla, Alaska

Tina

TRUTH-in-JEST: Thanks for that link. I had no idea that Obama spoke AGAINST the Born Alive Infant's Protection Act(A law passed in 2002 that extends legal protection to an infant born alive after a failed attempt at induced abortion). I mean...seriously who would do that!!!!

2060 days ago

Blue Max

So TMZ is in the tank for Obama-Biden. Of course, it fits with TMZ's misogynistic attitude. Why not just put the links to their campaign website on your site? Or just call it TMZ's Obama Worship Site?

If you're a slut, TMZ loves ya! If you are a woman with brains and real world accomplishments (e.g., fighting corruption, beating the oil companies), well, TMZ has to trash you. Can't have uppity women, can we?

2060 days ago

alaskarocks

I am personally from alaska and let me help inform you about Badass Palin: She's done so much for AK it's crazy....you'll never know unless you come up here however, if getting us an extra $1,200 on our yearly dividends (from Big WIg Oil companies) is bad....you probably won't accept what she could do for the rest of you...sheer ignorance..

2060 days ago

PolarBear

Sarah Palin is totally unqualified to be Vice President of the United States or President of the United States.

John McCain is unqualified to be President of the United States.

OBAMA/BIDEN IN 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2060 days ago

LOUIS

WHY OH WHY DID HE EVER CHOOSE THIS PERSON. I AM SURE THAT SHE IS A GOOD, LOVING CHRISTIAN WITH WONDERFUL VALUES. ONE OF THE VALUES THAT SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ..IS....SEX EDUCATION. I THINK THAT HER DAUGHTER SKIPPED THE LESSONS AND WENT ON TO SELF EDUCATION. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING EVEN THOUGH THEY WENT TRANSPARENT TO THE MEDIA AND THE PUBLIC. WHAT A GREAT MESSAGE TO SEND TO OUR YOUNG GIRLS........HEY, GET YOUR HORMONES GENERATING AND HAVE SEX....AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE BABY....THAT'S COOL. WRONG MESSAGE!!!!! IN THEIR CASE...OK, THE PARENTS AND THEIR MONEY WILL GET THE TWO KIDS GOING. IN MILLIONS OF OTHERS, WE, THE PUBLIC, HAVE TO CARRY THEM FINANCIALLY. SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THESE VALUES. I AM ONLY ONE AMERICAN. I AM A SENIOR CITZ AND GUESS WHAT? WE ARE GOING DOWN THE TUBES! TALK ABOUT VALUES....WE AIN'T GOTTEM ANYMORE.

2060 days ago

l

There is a nude picture of her out on the net. Is this the kind of vp u want.

2060 days ago

funman

Isn't it amazing how quickly the democratic media has tried to attack Palin on a personal level. Lets see we now know that she is a hunter, mother, wife, her husband is not listed as a republican, she did not win a pagaant, we only have seven people that live in Alaska, and her daughter is now going to have a baby as a teen. Sounds like she is a typical American and will be able to relate to millions of people. What I would like to hear about the canidates are voting records and what they have done to help the American people. If the media can't find anything about Palin I guess they will continue with these pointless attacks. Come on TMZ you can do better. I don't see anything about Joe Biden. Be fair or get back to your photos

2060 days ago

Love the Underdog

I can't believe that TMZ would place McCain's VP -- Miss Alaska Loser as a News headline. It only shows how strongly bias it is.
She was #2 in the beauty pageant but she IS #1 as Alaskan Governor. From the ground up she has more executive experience that both dems combined. She has had to make major decisions. All the two dems have done is give their vote... that is when they were there to vote. Obama has only 130 days of experience in the senate come on America, wake up.
Your little headline has fired me up. I was one of those swing votes... unsure until now. Watching her speech tonight capped it for me. To have Mrs Palin elected as #2 is fine with me. In fact. She could be on her was to be #1 in 2012. She has my vote.

2059 days ago

PolarBear

I just watched the first convention speech by Palin and am quite unimpressed. Not only would she hot be allowed to add anything to policies as a VP because it's not a porfolio position, but she is just not ready at all to deal with the scale and scope of the national level. To do that she'd need another decade.

The crowd gave her a long standing ovation before she spoke. Since no-one knows who she is, obviously the Republican Party were thanking previous politicians for memories and that they knew the party was going down the toilet tonight.

Other politicians spoke of her before she talked and obviously they didn't know her either. The tone was too etherial, too vague, too nice, too general, too contrived and idealistic. Who is she? EXACTLY, WE DON'T KNOW AND WHAT WE DO LEARN IS UGLIER DAY AFTER DAY.

TROOPERGATE is next.

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2059 days ago

billp

You grown particular? Since when did looks determine whether you did or not. All is did was sequence the way you proceeded in a multiple-target situation. You start out shooting for the top and settling for what you can get, and you feel better off with than without no matter what. As Seinfeld once said "Sex is like pizza. No matter how bad it is, it's still good."

2059 days ago

stopthepresses

After her speech tonight, I think I'd take this headline down, biatches!!!!!!!

2059 days ago

sarah

#36 I'm sorry to inform you but that was no JFK speech....please! Were we watching the same speech? and the old white guy comment, talk about racist and Unnesessary....and bye the way I am a very proud latina ....made in america baby! # 39 your just a dumb ass! really now! I am mother of 3 and work my ass off and have never had anyone but my husband watch our kids, so as far as the stupid comment " that it can't be done" well I'm here to say it is done every day by every working mother in america....so FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2059 days ago

PolarBear

After my introduction to Sarah Palin, I have to say that in its entirety, the McCain/Palin ticket is certainly nothing but more tired same old same old. Palin's speech, as CNN reported, was not written by Palin but by a previous Bush speech writer. It has the old Bush style childishness to it.

Here's what CNN has to say tonight:
"Bush aide Matthew Scully was largely responsible for the speech."

Well, so much for any of the accolades directed at Palin, we know it was Matthew Scully, who no-one can vote for, but who just pulled the strings of Palin on the stage. That's not something I can put respect or trust in.

The old Republican administration is still in control, and I'm sorry, that's not enough change for me, I want that crew removed. Obama gets my vote this time.

2059 days ago

Randall Lind

What's the question? Would I what...? Sleep with her hell yea vote for her hell no. ROFL

2059 days ago

Michelle McKee

Sarah Palin is a wonderful choice for VP. Although Republican, I did consider Hilary for president but since the Demos dropped the ball, my obvious choice is for Palin. I like her straight talk. Very refreshing to the crap most politicians dish to you.
Reminds me of Harry Truman.

2059 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments