McCain's VP

Miss Alaska Loser

8/29/2008 12:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Before she was named McCain's Vice Presidential nominee today, no one except for the seven people who live in Alaska ever heard of Gov. Sarah Palin -- or that she came in second place at the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant.

Sarah Palin
Palin did win Miss Wasilla and the coveted Miss Congeniality award. So who cares what her
economic plan is?

V.P. Nominee was once Miss Wasilla, Alaska

edm

This is so funny, sitting back and watching Obama sink even further under the water. He is nothing but a slimy snake waiting to use his Muslim ties to destroy our nation. His wife looks like Omarosa, which is a good reason in itself not to elect him. She is a skank. I am not worried, though, he is all show. No way America will vote a terrorist into office! I am sick of hearing his "poor me" speech and "I am just like everybody else." WTF???

Karen

#76 has absolutely NO idea what he is talking about. Read up on her you idiot. She only moved to Alaska later in life. She is NO BIMBO, but married with FIVE kids, one of whom has down syndrome.

I love it when people talk out of their asses. It makes them an ass.

Well

OK let me get this straight. Obama picked a VP candidate that has experience and knowledge regarding the most important topics to date. Most would say he did this to combat his nay sayers that he doesn't know enough and would need help on global issues, etc.
McCain picked a candidate that has little experience but so far a strong track record with what she's done. (More on that will come, but let's not just dismiss her because we don't know).

Here's the catch though. Other than her being a woman, what was the point? She didn't seek out this selection. Her accomplishments so far are relatively small and not comparable to moving the mountains in large cities/urban areas/the whole country which is what comes in being a VP. She is a small town girl. There's nothing wrong with that except she's remained small town. Further, if the point to be made here is that the VP is the major contributing decider in matters....why would you pick someone with no real experience to help make a decision. At least when Obama defers to his Biden he will have knowledge/experience on which to base his decisions. I inclined to believe that this is an attempt to gain women voters still angry about Hillary. But if so, then it's a slap in the face. I find it hard to believe that he would value her opinion on something especially if he disagrees. Therefore leading me to believe that she is for show and that pisses me off as a woman. It's just a tad insulting.

littlestich

I think it shows that McCain is listening to, and cares about the opinions of the voters. Did he pick her to attract voters? Sure - probably. She has an 80% approval rating in Alaska - she's viewed as a reformer - she's taken on the big oil companies - she's the smart choice. She's the answer to many of the democrats criticisms of McCain.

McCain's campaign is interesting and evolving - Obama's getting stale. His VP pick was as interesting as watching paint dry.

Kay

Obama would have cinched the Presidental Nom if he had selected Hillary as his VP.. Dumb move on his behalf. I guess Obama couldn't stand the thought of a VP more popular than himself. McCain did a wise choice. All the Hillary supporters and Fem Activists will travel in his direction.. Obama should've swallowed his chauvinistic pride and brought Hillary on board..Biden as VP may not work out as well as he would have expected.... Go McCain!!!!

uh?

Good choice! Of course I wouldn't expect the "TMZ Staff" to have ever heard of her (she's not a comic book character). By the
way...hi "girls"...bow wow.

Karen

#87 (Well) Well said. I'm a total McCain supporter, as I said, but it is wonderful to hear an intelligent opinion, well written and thought-out questioning the why's and how's of this issue. I agree you have some definite points in your post. Everyone will have to think about and consider these perspectives when they make their choice.

Thanks for a good post.

c arndt

IF THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO RUNTHIS COUNTRY YOUR CARZY. SHES JUST A PRETTY FACED WHO USED TO SMOKE POT AND DID INHALE. SO THAT SHOULD MAKE HER THE WORST CHOICE OUT THERE!!!!

TJ

Well McCain is pretty much washed up now!! There is no way any intelligent person would vote for an old, backward thinking clone of George Bush who has just selected someone who is totally unqualified to be second in command. I suppose she can always wear her tiara to get the sympathy vote! PRESIDENT OBAMA will turn this country around and try to right all the wrongs the Republicans have inflicted on us these past 8 years. Anyone who is ignorant enough to vote for another Republican deserves more of the same!

Bandolero

Tomorrow belongs to me!

vanessa

I really don't understand how anyone could go from being a Clinton supporter to a John McCain supporter. Hillary is great, and she's very liberal. She does not like the Bush policies, she does not support the Republican tax code, and is pro-choice, among other solidly Democratic ideals. If you don't believe in these things, then please, vote the issues, and choose a president based upon your own choice, but don't TELL me you love Hillary but are thinking of voting for McCain, because if you do, you are betraying the principles and ideals that she has fought for her entire adult life.

Rose-Lee Gypsy

Vredne zoyne!

John

McCain picking her tells you that he believes women are so dumb they will vote for him only because he has a woman running mate. What about the issues? Of course nobody knows where Mccain stands until his lobbyist gets money. TMZ is doind a good job to promote their part the republican party. TMZ sucks.

edm

Wow, #79! You have such witty comebacks. I am impressed! You sound as scripted as an Obama "I was raised by a single mother" speech. As for my "facts", I didn't particularly state any "facts" in my post, other than the fact that Obama is a Muslim, which is quite well-known. My education, sir/madam, is none of your concern. I am quite certain that I have completed more schooling than you, from the tone and maturity level of your response to me. Grownups don't usually respond so hastily to a total stranger on a message board. You are taking this board far too seriously. Good day!

carol

She has five children - one with Down's Syndrome. I think she looks a little like Tina Fey -SNL and 30 ROCK