Dr. Dre Buries His Son

8/30/2008 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Over 200 mourners turned out Friday for the funeral of Andre Young, Jr. -- the son of Grammy-winning rapper Dr. Dre.

The funeral took place in Glendale, Calif at The Church of the Recessional.

Young, 20, was found dead last Saturday by his mother at their home.

S

Why would you assume that it was because of a drug overdose, Ray? I would like to know.

Josh

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

terence f nj

rest in peace, my deepest condolences to dr dre and his family

DaveRog

An innocent man?

While Dr. Dre and his family have my deepest sympathy, let's not forget it was Dr. Dre who brought to the world the whole "gangsta rap" phenomenon.

How many young men have died because of this glorification of violence and drugs?

Amy

I think it is so sad that Dr. Dre had to bury his son. It is such a shame that another young life is gone far too quickly! R.I.P Andre Jr. and my pryaers and blessings to Dr. Dre and his family.

Joanne

What is this world coming to, I don't care how famous Dr. Dre or anyone is for that matter, how dare you post such a private and painful personal photograph on a celebrity blog web site. Harvey over at TMZ needs to take a good look in the mirror, wake up and realize when enough is enough, Dr. Dre's family deserves respect and privacy. The speculation about how his son died, is just as bad. His son has passed, does it really matter or better yet is it any else business to try to find out? If the family wants the public to know, they will issue a statement.

andi

10 to 1 it was drug related. who cares if they showed his casket. maybe some other young person will see it and think twice before he uses drugs. just goes to show you, money can not buy happiness. so rap about that!

BP

I pray God is with this young man's family. I have lost many family members including my mom and a brother, the death of a child must be one of the worst (I remember my Grandma lost it at her sons funeral, she said a parent is not suppose to bury their children).
It doesn't matter how he died at this point, the point is he did. Please give his family the respect they deserve. Unless you have experienced the lost you would not understand the pain.

Lisa J. Johnson

May God comfort the family

weeping_queen

this is a very sad time. to lose a child. and then to have all over the new and internet for the world to see. i never wanna live to see the day when i might out live my own children. May God bless and rest the soul to ease

weeping_queen

god bless his soul...god bless

Amy

My gosh people he is burying his son ...and you guys are out there taking pictures....show some respect...how would you feel if you were in his shoes.

arjun

RIP

lewis

I HOPE THAT THE LORD ALWYSS HINE UPON HIM AND HIS FAMILY DURING THIS HARD PERIOD FOR HIM,and may the Lord always shine upon him and aznswer all of his PRAYERS THOUGHTS & WISHES.

ya know

My heart goes out to you Dr Dre, and to Andre's mother. OMG, the pain that they must be going thru right now must be unbearable.