Tyrese

Plays the 'Race' Card

8/30/2008 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tyrese tried to do a nice thing on last night's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," but even that didn't turn out right.

Usually he's kind of a douchebag, so imagine our surprise when -- live on air -- Tyrese promised to take the whole audience to a free screening of his new movie, "Death Race." Unfortunately, we're told some of the more excited fans showed up to the theater too quickly for the message to be relayed -- so they were denied.

Fans who showed closer to showtime were let in to a free screening with Tyrese himself. There was a small price to pay though -- they had to sit through the movie.

Mr.Jones

Yay for them. who cares.

Pat

I wish i was as cool as this guy

Tangie

Umm, no thanks. I wouldn't go if ya paid me to.....

Redneck Girl

Well, obviously no one is going to pay you to see Death Race. So take your money and go see something more in your league of understanding. Like House Bunny..that's a real brain teaser.

Redneck Girl

I think that was a nice thing, to offer to take everyone to see the movie. He was trying to be a nice guy, let him have his moment. How often do you get the opportunity to see a movie with a real live movie star? I'd say never.

kamsmomusa

I LOVED Death Race! If you haven't seen it, you should.

yazzie

Eat one and then again eat two your mouth can fit it. It doesnt surprise me at all anymore. WINERS!

Fred

Maybe if the stalkerazzi would stay out of his face, he wouldn't have to act like such a (as you call him) "douchebag". Regardless of the nobody posters on here always claiming someone's "15 minutes are up", not all actors want a camera in their face 24X7 and every actor isn't a media whore. Tyrese has always been comfortable in his own skin and if you "don't know who he is" or bash his movie without even seeing it, tough. He's done much much more in his so-called "15 minutes" than all of his basher's have done in their lives combined. And TMZ, why must you resort to crude personal 3rd grade attacks whenever someone doesn't like you? Is everyone (men included) in permanent PMS over there in your offices? Tell you what, someone needs to show up and shove a camera in your face everytime you take a dump, pick your nose, or crack a fart and post the footage for all the world to see. Wonder how much of a "douchebag" that would make YOU act like?

skinny minnie

tyrese is the sexiest man out there. He can take me to any movie any time. Sooooooooo fine.

Kooky Fan

I don't even know who this guy is???!!!

Chucky

So, Whatelse Don't You Know?