« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fantasy Football Owners Get Screwed

8/31/2008 7:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fred TaylorYou drafted him, you were fired up about him, and now Fred Taylor has gone and done something stupid just days before your first fantasy football match up.

Taylor, starting running back for the Jags, was arrested early yesterday morning and charged with disorderly conduct outside of Miami Beach night club Club Cristal. The big back was released from the scene on promises he'd show up court at later date, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Details of the arrest will not be released until after the long Labor Day weekend. Taylor's teammates Dennis Northcutt and Matt Jones have all had off-field troubles lately -- giving the Cincinnati Bengals a run for the title of "Team with the Least Amount of Law Abiding Citizens!"

...and if you didn't draft him, at least you have some ammo for the message boards for the sucker who did.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lynell

I'm from Jacksonville and have had my tax dollars robbed from me to build this beautiful stadium that houses the most rich criminals EVER!! Thank you Jags for not only making me laugh but making Jacksonville a laughing stock of the world!! I say get them gone and use my dollars to fix the pot holes you've ignored!!

jack

yeah and you guys forgot to mention matt jones. he was the jags wide receiver who got busted 2 months ago with coke and herb in his car. he was having a little party in the parking lot.

Correction

I swear! Talk about lack of context. Fred Taylor is a mature and respected player in Jacksonville. He wasn't even taken into custody, he was cited along with several dozen others outside the bar during a round-up after someone said fights were going on outside.

He was given a citation and told he could leave. Just like when you get a speeding ticket. Good grief, TMZ.

Correction

Sheesh a little misunderstanding outside a bar is totally different from drugs or weapons or the other stuff some of these players have been involved in.

If you knew anything about the NFL or even the Jags, you would know what a stellar individual Fred Taylor is and always has been. If you read the entire article in the Sentinel, or try reading the Jacksonville paper, you'd see that he was NOT arrested, he was cited and gave his signature to appear at a later date. It probably won't even get that far.

What a bunch of dummies TMZ proves themselves to be most of the time.

N. Stevens

As a Bengals fan, I must thank the Jags for this! However, I think the idiot that used to be known as Chad Johnson, whom is now Chad Javon Ocho Cinco takes the cake. I must wonder if he realizes Ocho Cinco is 8-5 and not 85. He wants to be traded and I say we trade him... to a team who has retired the number of 85. lol. The Bengals bring back the thug in Chris Henry, but say adios to Rudy 'Workhorse' Johnson, Willie Anderson and Deltha O'Neal. Oh dear, I am afraid the Bungles are back now. At least we have hot cheerleaders.... oh wait a minute, we have some of the most unattractive cheerleaders in the NFL. I would rather watch Sarah Palin dance!

wow okay no

I live in Jacksonville and know a coach for the jags and I think that they need to get their players into check! They need to realize that just because they get paid millions does not mean they can do and get away with things other people cant. I really wish they would be getting good press and not be on TMZ. It seems like yesterday that know one even knew who the jags were and now they are on TMZ, this is ridiculous!

Dan

TMZ should take the time to learn a thing or two about what they right on. Fred Taylor will most likely not even miss a start due to this incident, thus not effecting the fantasy football team of any "sucker" who drafted him. This whole thing seems like no big deal. Leave it up to TMZ to make something out of nothing!!

amy

I picked Fred Taylor for my draft, and this will have ZERO bearing on that. TMZ, you need to learn a little something about football, the law, and how it affects its players. You guys are usually great, but this is just lame! If anything, he'll work harder to make people forget his mistake.