O's Mom: Paying Bills Not One of Her Fav Things

9/3/2008 4:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah's mom might have a lil' habit her daughter needs to know about.

Vernita Lee has allegedly rolled up a $150K bill since 2004 at a Brookfield, Wi. clothing boutique -- and hasn't paid it back. So now the store, Valentina, is trying to get its money the hard way -- in court.

The store's attorney tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel the Oprah-ma hasn't been making minimum monthly payments of $2,000 for some time.

Our question: Your daughter is the most powerful woman in showbiz, not to mention a billionaire. What gives? We called Mrs. Lee's lawyer, but haven't heard back yet.

gary wichard

Hasn't this happened before? I swear this is a repeat of something that happened a few years ago. Sounds like the same store as well. Vernita needs to curb that shoppin habit. Maybe Okrah can have a show about it.

2051 days ago

anthony

there are a lot of personal matters between her and her daughter, while she cant change the negative things in the past with her mother. i would simply think that peace of mind should be the most important thing for Oprah and while money does not make anyone happy, in this case a credit card with a daily purchase limit from Oprah to her mother would give Oprah peace of mind in the later years. What ever rough times Oprah had in her childhood or teen years is what made her strong and had a positive impact in her success.

2051 days ago

CINDY ROBERTS

I thought her mother was DEAD! Wow she has a MOM! Where has she been all these years? I smell a tell all book the making to pay for all of those plus size clothes!

2051 days ago

Ms. X

Oprah's mom took care of O and fed, clothed her and helped to make her the success she is today. So what if there is old water under the bridge. It's mom!!! Don't be so cheap Oprah.

2051 days ago

rachel

Oprah has a mother?

I thought she hatched from a demon spawn egg in a southern swamp.

I also thought all her relatives were dead anyway.

2051 days ago

Malteselover

Oprah doesn't ever mention her mother. I don't think they have a relationship.

2051 days ago

Seattlelite

I didn't Oprah's mom was alive. I knew her dad is and I think he has a barber shop. But I honestly though the mom was gone along time ago. I don't think they have a relationship. I've never heard Oprah mention her mother.
Regardless..... Oprah does not owe her mother anything. If her mother racked up the bill, she should be held responsible.

2051 days ago

Herpes Ho Hilton

Why does that UGLY HOG care about fashion anyway? Did she buy 150g's worth of tents? She's gross; & yes, this deadbeat probably did drop oprah's name to be granted the credit.

2051 days ago

Illinois person

Excuse me? Wys is O's mother's bills the big O's problem? Don't spend money you don't have. O pays her bill once, then where does it end? It doesn't, does it? I don't think O got to be a billionaire by being foolish, did she? Furthermore, I didn't even know O's mom was still alive. She never ever talks about her. Furthermore, if a local boutique allowed anyone to rack up a 150K bill then that's the store's problem. I'd like to see Sears or Dillard's allow me to rack up that kind of bill. Guess they just assume the big O would ante up, didn't they? Too bad they were wrong. Call the police and have her arrested.

2051 days ago

matt

THAT STORE IS DUMB FOR ALLOWING THAT AMOUNT OF CREDIT TO BE LENT TO ANYONE. THEIR FAULT FOR DOING SO......... TOUGH LUCK FOR THEM. LIVE AND LEARN....

2051 days ago

Sues

O Please - Oprah is too busy buying a presidency to be bothered paying for her mama.

2050 days ago

Overboard

Actually -Oprah bought the condo/apt. building that her mom lives in. Vernita is aging and has health issues-diabetes and needs care.She doesn't want to live with Oprah-or assisted living and wants her independence. We with aging parents face this problem when they can't properly care for themselves anymore.
The store is a bunch of dummies to allow her so much credit anyways! What is that-around 37 thou a year in just clothing?
Oprah had a tough childhood- her grandmother helped raise her- and she prefered living with her father over her mother...her mother during special shows would sit in the audience--like on her 50th birthday show.I'm sure Oprah is prolly a bit embarrassed by all this....and it will be taken care of...

2050 days ago

toomanydoggies

Oprah, pay the bill for your deadbeat mom.

2050 days ago

Sandria Love

Sometimes a girl just has to shop!!! Lol...

2050 days ago

moniqueca

i think oprah should pay..out of courtesy atleast..now we all know she's got all that godamn money..i mean come on its her mom.......now instead of giving out those cars and freebies on her show she should look after her mom.....and pay the freakin bill..its not like she's gonna miss the money.

2050 days ago