Now PETA's Got Beef With....

9/5/2008 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

...the American Cancer Society!?! WTF?!

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a group with wayyy too much time on their hands, is now going after the American Cancer Society ... for trying to fight cancer -- in humans!

After the ACS went after Michael Jordan for smoking during a softball game earlier this week, the folks at PETA, who obviously couldn't stand to see another organization get attention, released a strongly worded letter of their own -- attacking the people dedicated to helping actual, living Homo sapiens.

Here's the statement: "The ACS needs to get its own act together before it calls a foul on Michael Jordan." See, PETA claims the folks at the ACS are hypocrites because they have fundraisers where they serve "cancer-linked" foods -- and by cancer-linked they mean dead animal, like beef.

Imagine how screwed the Muscular Dystrophy Association's gonna be when PETA finds out Jerry Lewis had a steak once.

John

SPELL CHECK ALERT:

"..."releaed" a strongly worded"

Ann

Ruth's Chris my lady...

Zip It

PETA or OPRAH ... who's the most obnoxious? Hmmmmm - that's a tough one. I'll have to vote Peta for their stupidity on this one.

MsWinoPowdersHerNose

SPELL CHECK

HOMOSAPIENS, not homosapians.

You people need to start testing the spelling aptitude of your hires. Sheesh...

justsaying

PETA dosen't care if every single human being on earth dies just as long as the animals live. And they actually think that their attitudes and actions bode well with god. They are all single minded nuts, unable to use commen sense. Actually, I feel sorry for them.

Divashels

I want everyone assoicated with peta .....DEAD dead as the animals they claim to care about chumps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yaya

PETA is filled with no-good, obsessive animal lovers that honestly do have too much time on their hands. Why don't they make a goal they can actually accomplish? I'd love to tie down a few of these members to rub dead raw animal meat on their skin just to make them squirm!! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Pita

Spell check TMZ, Spell check
Organization
Released
Homosapien

cyelsm

What about Palin. The b!tch kills animals for fun. Go after her ignorate @ss.

honeycone71

I enjoy eating meat, as well as wearing leather and fur. I could give a flying f*** about what PETA thinks. When they start to pay my bills, then maybe I'll care about their opinion.

cyelsm

@honeycone1
what bills do you have living in the woods you daniel boone wannabe

shortie5

All of you have said things against PETA but honestly if you have a pet how can you say anything you did. TMZ claims that animals arent living, guess what they breathe and their hearts pump blood just like us. I understand that they can be a little over the top but come on there are just some people who feel more strongly about animals then any of you. I am one of those people in several ways. Obviously none of you have pets!

Heather S

well if one of them gets cancer....gosh what would they do?!

lynn

OK, I love animals, I really do. I also love steak, chicken and bacon. PETA should just shut the F up already. They're a bunch of overzealous freaks who seem to value animal's lives more than human's.

Baseball Junkie

PETA has jumped the shark. They almost had a point when they were objecting to animals being killed in painful ways for fur and meat but attacking the ACS will cost them even more supporters. Hey, could we have them come out in SUPPORT of Palin. Obama would certainly win.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments