Oprah to Palin: I Can Pencil You In Later

9/5/2008 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah has issued a statement to TMZ -- she won't put Sarah Palin on her show until after the election.

Here's the statement: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

For the record, Barack Obama has been on "Oprah" twice -- in January, 2005 and again in October, 2006 -- before he announced his run for Prez.

Sean

I support McCain and Palin wholeheartedly.
I think it was a transparent move/decision. When Oprah decided to endorse Obama she switched from "media" to "entertainer" and lost all rights and responsibilities of being [news] "media." Arguably, she has been an entertainer, since she got her own show. It's her choice and would be in conflict with her endorsement of Obama is she did bring her on her show.

Ross

Why is anyone surprised? She is unabashedly pro Obama and will do anything to advance his. Hopefully people will send a clear message to her by turning the channel and watching something else.

ROCKY

Doesn't really matter to me. I stopped watching Oprah along time ago. Her racism is no secret!

kase

It's pretty sad that she's using her political agenda ( Obama '08) to refuse the American public, especially Oprah's audience, the chance to get to know Sarah Palin on a personal level before the election. This election is very pivotal, and voters need to hear from both sides and not be denied access to another point of view that the Almighty Oprah hasn't endorsed. She makes me sick.

Cliff

Why am I laughing out loud as I type this???? Biased? Racist? Empty-suited like her hero? Scared of getting her butt kicked by good, common-sense, conservative values, knowledge and experience? I have no other questions now about either of these clowns and the left-wing, liberal media. Just wait until they poll us !!!

Jay

Obama has not been on the show since he announced he was running for president so why should Palin? fair is fair.

you are so over

I'm on the phone now trying to contact her advertisers.
Her show is PRAVDA revisited.
Stand up and FIGHT.

Dave

Okra is as money driven as Talky is, in the end she'll do whatever is best for her bank account. I hope she doesn't let Palin on, it can only be good for the McCain campaign.

Anita

Bravo Oprah!
Why shuld she give time to a rightwinger and her slutty daughter.

Seems te conservatives are out in force trying to change people's minds.
It won't work.

Bill NM

What did you expect? She donates her money to help kids in Africa, while inner city black kids suffer in this country. She truly believes she is God's gift to the masses, and is destined to be the female Messiah joining Obama in overseeing all of us living on the other side of the moat. Hopefully the lemmings that worship her will now begin to use their remotes and flush har and her show down the toilet.

DBoon

Just wait until the outcry... Oprah will have her on before. I guarantee it. Otherwise she will look like a TOTAL joke.

Rita

Oprah's show was the only thing I used to watch daily. But ever since she started worshiping empty suit, empty rhetoric NObama, I stopped, she lost all credibility in my opinion. And with this stunt, I'm going to make sure evryone at my neighborhood, church and school know what kind of a biased racist she's.
You're a fake just like your new Messiah.

laura

I used to LOVE Oprah but I have now seen her for who she really is - she is all about OPRAH and her decision not to put Palin on her show has made me realize what a con job she has pulled on all of us. So much for her openness to the world and all views. I know for a fact that this decision is going to be the worst decision she makes because all of my friends feel the same way and we are DONE with OPRAH!!!!!

kate

Oprah AND Obama know that Sarah Palin impresses people and they are both AFRAID of giving her more air time! Hee,hee....this is so great. They are running scared!

Bruce

Why does anybody even watch her show. Don't people work anymore? Look, she's the worst type of racist because she hides it until it comes out. At least with the KKK and the Fruits of Islam, they make no bones about their hate.