Republicans Lack Heart!

9/5/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE
: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

Stay tuned.

p51d007

Gee...couple of libs don't like a GOP'er to use "thier" songs. Ok, Heart has had an album on the charts when?
When I was a kid in the 70's they were "hot", they have to be pushing 60......PSSSSSSSSTTT...here's a little tip you idiot
60 year old "rockers" like them, Rolling Stones et al........GIVE IT UP! You aren't 20 anymore. Fade away and be gone.
Oh, I love the reply "choked on a hogie"....she did balloon up pretty good didn't she?

Dev

Heart still gets tons of air time in California on the rock stations, they're a classic chick band. A band that has never been very fond of the bigoted right wing. I mean imagine having the people you despise using music without permission, it would have to suck. The GOP may as well use rage against the machine or the Clash while they're at it, I mean if they're going to use music from bands that can't stand their party, why not?

They should go back to using lame hillbilly country, those are the artists that are idiotic enough to support the right wing.

Tired of Paula's Antics

These two nasty ogres must want to go back to being irrelevant.

cmsassypants

WOW! That totally sucks; I wouldn't want my songs affiliated with the republitards, either...and BTW, I'm amazed from reading the opinions that "Bush, part 3" supporters could even FIND their way to TMZ.

NDbear

I hope they hit up that NAtzi McCain and that Slut's mom for 100 million dollars

CVS Whore

Get your royalties and give them to Obama.

Deborah

How sad to use name calling !!! I do believe this is America and with that comes FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!

Munchkin

BFD, I mean seriously. We're waiting for hurricanes and tropical storms. Kids are starving......and they're worried about a damn song. Don't they know there are alot of things (serious, life threatening things) that need attention in this world. Stop crying about it, just get over it. We have soldiers serving our country, giving their lives, and these " heart" singers are worried about a song. I can't believe this sh*t. I actually like their music too. My husband has been overseas, fighting for our country, all we ever pray is for his safe return as well as all the other soldiers.. " A SONG" Get my point? ok. Munchkin, in VA

IZOT

This is the most play that song has gotten in years. They need to get over it.

ALilEnchanted

One hit wonders??? Oh you sooo just don't know! Ann and Nancy Wilson have more talent in their lil pinky toenail than most have from head to toe. When I heard Barracuda being played at the convention the first thing I did was run to my computer to find out if the ladies had authorized this usage of their song.... and was happy to find out that they had not. As for their being excited if Obama had used one of their songs.... I'm sure they would have been. Just like Fleetwood Mac was excited when Bill Clinton used Don't Stop for his campaign.

And didn't McCain just recently get into trouble for using someone else's music without permission??? Is this what we can expect from his administration if he becomes President???..... just taking and using whatever he wants... in any way he wants... whether the owner of whatever it may be wants him to or not??? Is that the kind of person we want leading our country? Sounds like a Gearge Bushy kind of thing to do if you ask me.

Ann and Nancy you rock!!!! I love you ladies!!!! Keep on rockin the world with your amazing music!!! As for these folks who don't know who you are.... and don't recognize amazing talent.... that's just sad for them.... they don't know what they're missing.

A Long Time Fan,
~A Lil Enchanted~

Cynthia

Mel,
The stupindous song is called " All I wanna do is make love to you". ( Please post the law quotes.) :)
The song itself was STUPID....I was Pregnant with my first son and my morning sickness was horrific. They played that stupid song over....and over....every station you turned to...had it on. To this day....If I hear it....I get sick to my tummy...SERIOUSLY.
I don't understand WTF the deal is regarding the music being played? Journey was previously playing and Brooks & Dunn are playing now. It's a CONVENTION, a Party. What's usually played at Parties & Convention's...MUSIC....
Do I have to get Jay Z's PERMISSION to play his dope ass music at my son's Birthday party? Better Yet? How do we not know this is either John McCain's or Sara Palin's PERSONAL I-POD playlist being fed through the system to play for the crowd? I-POD playlist music that has been PURCHASED online (for a fee) or Downloaded? I play my I-POD at Family parties...get together's....New Years...Does this mean I'm breaking the Law?
People can be so freaking petty & stupid. But I wouldn't expect any less from a group of 2 women that is a few washed up has been's. I guess this is the only way they can get press....It's unfortunate. I have Hearts "Greatest Hits" on my I-POD. After I wrap up this post....I'm removing thier music....and puting thier CD in the garage to sell at the neighborhood yard sale this weekend!

What whiney biotches!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GROSS!

Who are they?

I would NEVER have sex with them.

Dwayne T

It's Called "Fair Use" you stupid bitches!

I agree with an earlier poster. Had NObama used their music you would have had to use a paint scraper to get their undies off.

And on a side note, Who the hell do the liberals think they are by protesting AT the RNC Convention while McCain, a WAR HERO, was trying to speak. You didn't see any Conservative Hecklers at Nobama's speech...but then again, maybe that part of the reason they moved to such a large venue...so we wouldn't hear protesters.

FlBiker

Wonderful job by Sarah Palin AND John McCain. Looks like the democrats have once again imploded.

Big Bear

The two ladies shown in the photo are quite ugly. The song they sing is pretty good though. Might want to skip any appearances in public because of their looks. Do not want the fans to see them and get turned off the music, right??