« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tom Brady Badly Injured in Season Opener

9/7/2008 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Brady was just helped off the field by two Patriots personnel members after injuring his left knee. Paging Nurse Bundchen!

Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard laid Tom out during the first quarter of their first regular season game -- and Brady is currently getting x-rays on his left knee. Brady's right foot was the injury that kept him out of all of their preseason games.

Backup quarterback Matt Cassel has taken his place on the field -- no word on whether Matt's dating Gisele yet.

As you can see in the photo -- legs aren't supposed to bend that way.

UPDATE: Even without their golden boy -- the Patriots won 17-10.

UPDATE 2: WEEI in Boston is reporting Brady suffered a torn ACL. If that's true, his season would be over.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CriticXtreme

Gisele has his balls in her pocketbook and he's lost focus. This should would never happen to no real man! And first bitches.

Rick Roll

So far ... Matt Cassel is making Brady look like Bledsoe. 5 0f 6 and 73 yards for a TD to Moss. Should be interesting!!

L.S

Go Matt!!! Tom's a piece of SH*T.....

Ann

Maybe he'll benefit from the "Joe Theisman" effect and have to lay in bed for six weeks while getting oral sex from Cathy Lee Crosby.

L.S

KARMA!

FlBiker

How's he gonna be her hey-boy bitch with a broken knee?

Patsfan85

As much as I hate seeing Brady go, the rest of the team is good enough to not NEED him to win. I think it's good that the offense is trusting their backup as though he is their starter and scored a TD as a result. There's no getting around the fact that some day Brady will retire - it's time to find out they can still play without him.

Kelli

Don't like him but wish him a full recovery. "No word on whether Matt is dating Gisele yet?" LMAO!

GO COWBOYS!!!

star jones

Damn I thought I went to TMZ.com not ESPN.com?

Looks like my browser has been hijacked!

Babewatch

Can't stand the guy. I'm just sad that it wasn't his neck.

Tinalouise

SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS THE ONLY REASON FOR ME TO WATCH FOOTBALL AT ALL AND NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO ALL WINTER IF I CANT SEE HIS HOTT ASS ON THE FIELD!!!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE FOR ALL OF US TRULY DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

I think I am going to make a lasagna this afternoon.

Jennifer

you people are all morans!!! you don't ever wish a serious injury to ANYONE. Just because you don't like him because he's got more money then you'll ever make and has a hot girlfriend that's no reason to wish him anything that you people have been. I hope karma comes and bites you in the ass!

Kelli

mmm lasagna, just made a big chicken salad. lol

Go Cowboys!!

Babewatch

Alas, woe is me. I have discovered the error of my ways. I have had an epiphane and religious conversion. I love all of my fellow human beings including the great republican poster boy and quarterback of the New England Patriots. NOT!!! Sod off you pathetic wanker!!! Brady is a piece of sh*t on a good day. And, on a bad day, he makes my day.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments