Ding Dang -- Brit's Cover Up Exposed!

9/8/2008 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears opened the VMAs last night with the telltale sign of a notorious lip syncher -- completely covering her moving lips the entire time she opened the show.
Britney Spears: Click to watch
That said, TMZ eats crow for declaring her career dead after last year's girthy performance. She ain't dead at all after bizarrely winning three awards and looking awfully hot -- minus the spaghetti weave.

TT

Seriously...........can't you guys get a clue??? She totally was NOT lip syncing...........SHE WAS NERVOUS!! Listen to her when she says "anniversary".........she totally got tongue tied. Can you lip sync that??

cloe

I thought she did great. She was the only reason I Tivo'ed it. The rest of the show was boring. Where are all the stars? I just think since they moved it from NYC, it just lacks an excitement anymore. It always seems so awkward now.

Ilaughedsohardlastnight

I don't think that she was hiding anything...either way she still was the biggest winner of the night and Brithey is back! I think she looked great and it was like seeing the old Britney again.

Zerqaw

I think Britney looked awesome and it was great to see her back in the light!!

Ilaughedsohardlastnight

Also Russell Brand sucks big time. He needs to go back to the UK and quit talking about OUR politics...He was so lame in every way.

Whatever

leave britney alone.. shes getting better..not thanks to you guys..tmz cant you find something better to cover??? get a grip and leave brit alone..believe it or not its getting old!!!

donbear

We love you Britney. Cngratualtions and may only the best of all things come your way. TMZ, I've said it before MANY TIMES, and I'll say it again - YOU SUCK! You just can't hold back with your cheap shots. A**H**ES.

Off The Rack

Did no one else but me notice that she tried to say "25th anniversary" and she said "25th AnniverSITY"? That wasn't lip synching.

barb

I think her opening was wonderful, especially after all she has gone through. I don't think she was lip-synching. who the hell would lip-sync a 30 second opening welcome? Come on TMZ, you really don't have to always start sh*t.

lil shorty

Anyone who likes this whore will not like her anymore if you visit.... idontlikeyouinthatway.com then click on britney spears. Pretty effin gross sh*t!!!!!!!!
This girl is disgusting. You wouldn't believe what you will see and read here. CRAZY!

CC8088

She needs to move on and find a new career! Some place where we will never have to hear of or see her again!

lowell

britney is getting hot again!!!!

lil shorty

Who would lip-synch a 30 second opening?! UH,hmm... come on are you seriously asking yourself that? Of course she lip-synched the opening. And that 25th anniversary flub was purposely done so that when everyone was wondering if she was lip-synching(I mean, she did cover her mouth the whole time) they could say"well that wouldn't have happened if she was truly lip-synching.Who would lip-synch to a mistake?" come on people! You were all fooled!

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Yeah, I'm back. Just wanted to see the twist you would put on her appearance at the VMAs last night and, as usual, you didn't disapoint you morons. To even get up in front of everyone at the same event just one year later and after all that has happened and that has been written, discussed, dissected, was a feat in itself. She was obviously nervous but who wouldn't be? She got up there ... she's got guts and she's got what it takes. Oh, and she was also the big winner of the night. Keep being negative on her b/c you'll be eating your words in no time. Losers.

Joanne

The host needs to go back to England AND STAY THERE.