Ding Dang -- Brit's Cover Up Exposed!

9/8/2008 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears opened the VMAs last night with the telltale sign of a notorious lip syncher -- completely covering her moving lips the entire time she opened the show.
Britney Spears: Click to watch
That said, TMZ eats crow for declaring her career dead after last year's girthy performance. She ain't dead at all after bizarrely winning three awards and looking awfully hot -- minus the spaghetti weave.

jbon

uuuuhhhh the opening skit with her sucked balls. of course it wasn't jonah hill's fault. he rocked my socks. britney just can't act and she needs to stop attempting.

Summer

Well, I am happy for her. I don't think I would have had the guts to get back on that stage after screwing up so bad last year. I don't think she was li[p-synching, she was too nervous. I hope she keeps getting better. I never liked her when she was big, but I feel sory for her now.

Also, Brand is an idiot. Send him back to the UK. He was trying to be edgy, but just sounded stupid and lame.

john

Everybody is now saying how great she is and what a comeback she is going to have. All I have to say is this is the same woman who still does not have full axcess to her own children. So until Mommy has control of her children maybe you all should not kiss her ass so much.

sable

The award show was rigged!!! funny how Brit. got awards for a song when she was out of her mind!! To many great singers out there who really deserve the awards!! Shame on MTV.

lalalaa

She was not lip syncing. Stop being bullies to her.
BRITNEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost cried all night. I'm just so proud of her. The amount of COURAGE it takes to get back up on that stage after last year, and after everything she has been going through. She's a strong woman. I'm so happy for her.
YAY BRITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tyler

ARE YOU SEROUSLY THAT STUPID?!@#*(@$ DID YOU CHECK OUT DEMI MOORE, DID SHE ALSO LIPSYNCH TOO. NOWADAYS, YOU GUYS ARE MAKING NEWS OUT OF NOTHING. GIMME A BREAK.

LOL

She's still beautiful!

There's something haunting about that photo of Brit though, something reminiscent of an internal sadness that comes through the eyes. I've only seen that haunting sort of look on one person before: Marilyn Monroe.

Brit is every bit as beautiful and troubled as Marilyn was, and I hope she doesn't end up with the same tragic end.

In the meantime, it's good to see Brit getting back to whatever passes as normal in show biz, but I still think she needs to take a year or two off from show biz.

Three Cheers for Brit!!

WriteRight

Why does the country have this unhealthy obsession with seeing Britney on top of the music charts?

I just don't understand it in any way!

Why her?

So many more artists with actual talent fell on hard times and America couldn't give a flying f*ck about helping them, but for Britney its somehow a different story.

She was always a marginally talented singer, never wrote her own material or choreographed her own dance steps either.
I'll admit, she was, a beautiful woman and she looks O.K. now, but to think she was ever more than a musical marionette is crossing the boundaries of logic.

As far as support and MULTIPLE CHANCES, I can think of a whole lot more worthy candidates:

Janis Joplin needed America to get behind her like this.
Jim Belushi needed America to get behind him like htis.
Marvin Gaye needed America to get behind him like this.
Jimi Hendrix need America to get behind him like this.
Heath Ledger needed America to get behind him like this.
Tupac Shakur needed America to get behind him like this.

Britney Spears...not so much.

Jesus...what a country we live in.

The people with real talent and ability are pushed aside each and everytime because we can't wait to attach our lips to the behind of the washed up blonde with the pretty face.

LOL

Hey jon - shut the hell up. No-one's interested in your spamming. Personally I think you're that camel jockey Adnan trying to stir up sh*t. So whatever the hell your nym is at the moment. GFY.

The rational and caring among us care that Brit is doing well and the best part is SHE DOESN'T NEED YOU!!!

KT

ummm if it was prerecorded why did she mess up words?

lil shorty

LIKE i SAID BEFORE, VISIT idontlikeyouinthatway.com
UNBELIEVABLY FUNNY.
AND YOU GUESSED IT, THIS IS ADNAN. I WAS ACTUALLY THE ONE WHO SOLD MOST OF THESE STORIES TO THIS WEBSITE AND I GOT PAID A PRETTY PENNY I SHOULD SAY.THAT VAJ FALSHING BIZNITCH HAS ME SET FOR LIFE NOW. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorri

Britney's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Whoo Hoo!! Good job!!

KELC

The show was terrible!! Worst ever! First there is Russell Brand, a total joke and not funny in the least, his tasteless jokes,his appearance, even the guys voice was irritating, then Britney took all the awards (a little rigged don't you think?) Britney wasnt' bad back in the day but for her to take all of the awards was such a joke!! I won't be watching next year!

Britney

How could she be lip syncing when she said "ANIVERSITY" instead of anniversary...C'mon TMZ...You guys are sharper than that!

Stacy

Britney looked absolutely amazing! She did an awesome job and stole the show! She was in NO WAY lip syncing, how can you screw up on lip syncing, they can just re-record it?? Get real TMZ, it's time to STOP hating on Britney!!!! I can't wait for this new cd to come out and what 2009 is gonna bring her!!!!