Russell Brand -- Working Girl

9/8/2008 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's alleged comedian Russell Brand at last night's VMAs (left) -- and Joan Cusack as a Staten Island secretary in the 1988 film "Working Girl" (right).
Russell Brand and Joan Cusack
One of them was pretty funny.

We're just sayin'!

suspicious

not offensive to me, just irritating. his whole schtick is so contrived, and he's very un-clever at trying to set people off.

don't give him the satisfaction.

blu

HE WAS TERRIBLE!

muaw

yes I am putting in my 2 cents.. first.. this guy was a moron, 2nd the whole show was stupid this year.. the performances were weak, the venue too small.. all of the presenters looked awkward and miserable.. This was once THE show to watch each year.. if I had to perform or be associated in any way.. I would be embarrased as hell.. what a waste of TV Time...I watched for about 40 minutes and couldn't take it anymore!!!

sirrah

What an idiot - way to go MTV - let's have another musician spewing anti-american hate. Anyone in entertainment, even in America, don't understand what normal life is like here, let alone some foolish, bad-haired Brit. What are entertainers supposed to do? Entertain of course, let you live your life but escape from it for awhile, but NO not at these awards, let's get advice on how to exercise our right to vote from some DORK like him! NO more MTV in my house!!

jo

Russell Brand sucked last night. Didn't like him at all.

Seattlelite

He was horrible! The whole show was low budget, I could have probably produced a better show. The studio or what ever you call it that show took place looked like it was done in someones garage.
The only highlight was when Britney won her three awards. I was thrilled for her. She has worked hard to get herself back together and it worked.

Bobby D.

Who cares what a Canadian thinks? Just like nobody cares what this idiot has to say about our political scene. Of course TMZ is hopelessly liberal and unfair but they are American and they have the informed right to speak. This guy needs to be deported so he can better disgrace the Brits. I thought the VMAs set was weak, like a game show. No rock of any kind and no whites.

huh

No talent waste of skin. Go back to London and stay there. We don't give a damn about your political views or you.

Dan

He used to present a show on MTV years ago, but they sacked him for turning up to work on 12th September 2001 dressed as Osama Bin Laden.

ChristyA

I turned the tv when he started ranting about Obama. MTV sucks. I've blocked the channel at home. Why did they pick this guy to host the VMA's? He was not funny and that hairdoo... WTF? He needs his a$$ whipped for looking like that!

jessemosslover

#13, Im Canadian too and I also thought he was funny, but then again I didnt watch the whole show. When the jonas bros came on I changed the channel.

highflyers

Well, he wasn't the funny one. Must be talking about Joan. He's an idiot and untalented. Perfect picture for birth control!!

Jill

Russell was hysterical. Learn to laugh at yourselves, people.

LWood

What a pig he is...
he's the male Roseanne Barr!
Tacky, tasteless, NOT funny and as unattractive as they come.

his fav brunette

mememe....the awards are voted on by the other artist and performers.....so THEY were the ones who gave britney the awards, so i think she deserved them!!!