Russell Brand -- Working Girl

9/8/2008 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's alleged comedian Russell Brand at last night's VMAs (left) -- and Joan Cusack as a Staten Island secretary in the 1988 film "Working Girl" (right).
Russell Brand and Joan Cusack
One of them was pretty funny.

We're just sayin'!

tami

If this is the "best" person they could come up w/to host then just cancel next years show now..

miley$$$

Lick my chode Russel Brand, you immature prick.

meredetrois

Joan Cusack = Hilarious! Brand = Not even funny

Jeanny

THE HOST WAS A TRAIN WRECK.IT WAS THE WORST, WHERE IN THE HECK DID HE COME FROM???

danny

Russell Brand was hilarious as host. For a comic who supposedly bombed, he was certainly getting plenty of laughs. I loved his mock apology to the Jonas Brothers.

Highlander

This (guy ?) is a jackass. He is not even funny and Britney kept mispronouncing his name (Bran) He kept talking about illusions and how things were not as they seemed. The biggest illusion and not wht it seems is his guy Obama. Brand did not live up to all they hype just as Obama won't if he is elected when he winds up sending troops back in to Iraq and causing a depression.

lyn

Poor choice of venue and poor choice of a host. His rants were horrible. I can get past the "vote for Obama" spiel, but the whole "Jonas brothers" run on was horrible. I literally changed the channel after awhile, I just couldn't take watching the whole thing. I'm glad Jordin Sparks said something about it!

Blue Drew

Whoa! What just went by? Oh...that guy's career....wah-wah-wah....and comb that bird nest, dude!

loridarlin

another example of why i could give a rat's ass of what britaiand the whole of europe think of the USA...if he's funny, then monkey's are flying outta my ass.

jenny

121. I thought Russell Brand was horrible. I'd love to see him go to China and put their government down and call Hu Jintao a retarded President at an awards show there... he'd never make it out of the country alive!!!

I don't care if you love or hate George W. Bush, but we as American's should never allow a foreigner to call our leader "retarded."

Russell Brand, you don't live here, you don't pay taxes here and you are not a citizen here, you should also NOT make comments about our government AND you should not be trying to give the American public advice on who we should elect for our next President!

Mik

You might be Canadian if--Your snow blower gets stuck on the roof.

Mercy Fernandez

He was horrible. I tuned in to be entertained I don't want politics, if did I would watch one of the news agencies & I hate to say it ,but not everyone in this country is a democrat. After 10 mins I turned it off.

LuLu

He was horrible, the show was horrible, why do we need some foreigner ridiculing us, we have our own satirists and critics. He was also disgusting to look at. What a pig.

norichards

I'm an old-timer (40!) and in the past have somewhat enjoyed the performances at the VMA's. Last night, I officially decided I am over it! When the host started praising Obama and bad-mouthing our current President, I turned it off. Don't come into our country and tell us how to operate, you freak. His outfit was a huge turn-off, his hair was a freak-show and his mouth was dirty. I thought it was sad to see how hard all the performers worked and then have the host cheapen the show. I blame MTV for hiring him. However, it was probably intentional to bring someone from outside the US in who can bad mouth our current administration and get away with it. MTV, et al, clearly supports Obama. Whatever. The show left a terrible taste in my mouth. Oh and about the promise rings, etc. Way to trash the tiny shred of decency we even have left. If last night's display is any indication of the future of our youth, fuggedaboutit.

Kym

This dude is a freak....did you hear his political tyraid? He's British...what the F does he care what we do here???? I never heard of him before last night and never want to hear about him again. PLUS he wasn't funny!!!!